You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0558 (resized).JPG
IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
IMG_0370 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Ok,so I am doing my first real restore.When I got the hulk,everything was working expcept for drop targets and 2 kicker left and right.I noticed the coil on left kicker was wired wrong.When I gutted the whole unit.I had mpu checked and repaired,new driver board,new coils,new power board and all new fuses.When I started it up.It blew the fuse for the 2 kickers and drop targets.When I disconnect the left kicker and replace the fuse.Everuthing else works.As soon as I hook up the left kicker coil.The fuse blows immediately.I tried 3 different coils with same result,2 different driver boards with same result.Am I wrong in thinking,the problem is from the coil to the fuse???? Because if that coil is disconnected the other coils work great and fuse doesn't blow.Now,I did notice a resistor that the coil that keeps messing things up is wired to.Its in last few pics,says RCA.Could this be my problem? When I hook the wire up that comes from that resistor fuse blows

IMG_0370 (resized).JPGIMG_0370 (resized).JPG

IMG_0369 (resized).JPGIMG_0369 (resized).JPG

IMG_0558 (resized).JPGIMG_0558 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Your RCA 2N5875 is a transistor. It provides power to the coil and if it is bad could cause your fuse to blow.

Please do some reading at Pinwiki.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1#Controlled_Solenoids_and_Relays

#3 7 years ago

I am hoping it's that,I ordered a few new ones.If it was the board or something from the fuse on.Wouldnt it do the same when the other coils hooked to that line? The same brown and gray wires seem to feed the pop ups and the 2 kickers.When the left kicker is unplugged,everything works great.If it was the board or something after the fuse.Wouldnt it do that for all of them? That's my question,I should look for the problem BEFORE the fuse???? Is what I am asking

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-hulk-1979-gottlieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.