• Latest reply 6 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Hey I own a gottlieb hot shot. The start up sequence is my problem . My scores reset and my playfield lights come on the score motors runinng the entire time this is happening but after all this happens the score motor continues to run and the motor id relay and control bank reset relay continue to run and the bank does not reset. Other symptoms are multiple players on the back box are lit the entire start up. Any thoughts

#2 6 years ago

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/
Take the time to read this.
Since 99% of EM issues can visually be seen, it is hard to give advice not being there to see it in person.
The site listed above is the best there is from one of the best repair guys around.
I will say, start out with the easy fix, do not start adjusting or tweaking things without there being a clear issue, doing that sometimes makes it worse in the long run. The score motor is probably one of the hardest things to work on and usually is the root of a lot of issues. The last 2 people I helped out, it was the score motor. You will need a schematic as well. I own a Big Shot and a Card Whiz. Good luck with the repair.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Dom1:

the score motors runinng the entire time this is happening but after all this happens the score motor continues to run and the motor id relay and control bank reset relay continue to run and the bank does not reset.

If the Control Bank doesn't reset while the Control Bank Reset relay is energized and the motor runs, check these 2 switches.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-hot-shot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.