• Latest reply 8 years ago by Steve_B
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Game can score either 500 points or 3000 points depending on state of game, like number of drop targets down or number of rollovers. There is a relay marked 500 or 3000, and the schematic shows the same relay (C). At the start of the game, hitting any rollover or any drop target will score both 500 points and 5000 points (not 3000) on the score reels at the same time. This is not correct!

I've traced the circuit but it is a bit confusing within the drop target and rollover sections. There is a switch on the bonus unit that closes, then several possible paths to the 'V' relay, then the 'C' relay, and pulses fron motor 1A to the score reels to score the points.

I suspect there may be a make/break switch in the path that is forcing the incorrect scoring, or a switch on the motor I can't identify. I verified the score reel switches, score relays, C and V relay switches, bonus switch, among others. Also, can't figure how it is suppose to score 3000 points from motor 1A (cam has 5 switch pulses with each 1/3 turn).

Any help with the circuit's scoring path or where to look next is appreciated. I have the schematic.
Thanks, Steve.

#2 8 years ago

Just taking a wild stab at the bull's hump....

It sounds like there should be a switch somewheres that shifts from a motor disk with 5 spurs (500 pts) connected to 100 point reel to one with 3 spurs (3K pts) connected to 1K point reel. Exactly what sequence of events changes scoring from 500 to 3K?

#3 8 years ago

From the manual, " on 3 ball play #1 through #5 rollovers and target value is 3000 points and lit white drop targets score triple bonus advance".
On 5 ball play corresponding values are 500 and double bonus.
Not sure what is causing the 5000, not a normal scoring event. Maybe a switch on the score reel out of adjustment where each 100 point score is being interpreted as if the reel were in the 900 position, and rolling the 1000. In other words, 9th pos. switch not opening on the 100's reel.

#4 8 years ago

Pinbee, thanks. That information helps as to game play. However, the odd scoring (500 and 5000 scoring together) occurred on both 3 ball and 5 ball, as well as player 1 and 2. I'll recheck the score reels again to see if the 100 carryover to 1000 (9th position) switch is the problem.
Would still like to know how 3000 points score from motor 1A. Is there a switch or relay in that scoring path?

#5 8 years ago

The odd scoring on both players shoots my theory, unless both units are mis-adjusted.
I'm not positive on the 3000 scoring, but since it comes on the first three pulses, a switch is opening on the motor at that point which looks like 1B. This is at G6 on the schematic, just to the left of the 3-5 ball adjustment.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

Checked the game again today. As Pinbee points out the 3000 scoring occurs only on 3 ball play, and it did correctly score the 3000 points today as the ball crossed over rollovers #1-4, or hit target #5. On 5 ball play they correctly scored 500 instead of 3000.

But the white and green drop targets still score both 500 and 5000 points at the same time when they are hit. This happens on both 3 ball and 5 ball play, for both player 1 or 2.

I confirmed that the 9th position switch on the score reel is adjusted correctly and is not the problem. Motor switch 1B, sugegested by Pinbee, was working correctly as is 1A.

Any other suggestions as to how this odd scouting is occurring, or is this suppose to be 'normal game play'.
Thanks

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Steve_B:

But the white and green drop targets still score both 500 and 5000 points at the same time when they are hit. This happens on both 3 ball and 5 ball play, for both player 1 or 2.

I'm not that familiar with this game, but sounds like a relay that is suppose to alternate the scoring on last ball (5000 instead of 500?) is not adjusted properly and is making contact on both sides.

#8 8 years ago

Had a chance to look at the game today and discovered the following. As previously indicated above the game did not score correctly on 3 ball or 5 ball, or on player 1 or player 2. Several possible causes for the errant scoring were ruled out. However, prior debugging was conducted with the ball count only at either ball 1 or ball 2.

Today I tested the scoring at each ball (1-5) and found that it did score correctly on ball 5 but not at the others. Green drop targets scored 500 points and out hole scored 1000 points until all 4 green drop targets were down, then the out hole scored 5000 points.

I'm getting closer to the problem and now suspect that it may be associated with the player unit. How would this scoring problem be associated with the ball in play? Can someone trace the scoring circuit through the player unit for me. I have the schematic but it's not helping.
Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-gtb-fire-queen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.