Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fxdwg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

this may help as well... first I looked up the specs of the storage options in that model machine. there is no raid option. it is strictly SATA offerings. so that is a good thing.

in googling your issue, I found this article... it talks about going into the BIOS and making a change away from RAID setting when installing a fresh copy of windows on a new drive.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Windows-7-Install-Does-Not-Detect-Hard-Drive-Is-there-a-BIOS/td-p/6174870

be very careful inside the BIOS, only look for this one change. make sure and select SAVE changes when leaving the BIOS screen.

this is the text that you need to follow... (in case you don't want to click the link above.)

"First, I set the storage mode to AHCI and then finally to IDE for better compatibility. It was set to RAID originally. RAID setting is probably what prompted the Windows 7 disc to error out asking for a driver every time during installation. That was frustrating! I probably could set it back to AHCI for performance but I'll keep it at IDE just because it works now."

AHCI should work fine for your drive.

best of luck. according to the article referenced above he also downloaded a storage driver (because of an error he was getting stating missing drivers, but you didn't say you were getting that error.) before changing from raid to AHCI. if you do that, make sure you put the driverxxxxx.INF file directly on the USB stick and point to that if needed...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fxdwg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-desktop-windows-7-pc?tu=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.