New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 26746)

Need Help with Data East Jurassic Park

By PinballHog

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by lonnkor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

When I boot up the machine I'm getting switch failure please check T-Rex switches. I've checked all T-Rex switches and they all work. Left, Center, Right, Up, Down, and T Rex Trough all of them work in the game play and test mode. I removed the diodes on one side from each switch and tested them. They all tested good. Everything works great but still have this switch failure msg. at boot. I'm wanting to sale this machine or I wouldn't even worry about it, but I don't want the buyer to think something is wrong with the machine. Is there Anything I'm missing?

#2 8 years ago

try doing a factory reset. sometimes it clears out errors .

#3 8 years ago

Mine does that also. It says my up/down switch is failing, yet my t-rex works just fine. I haven't poked around too much because I'm afraid to mess with something that is working. We've reset it a couple of times and changed the chips from the old/new and back, and nothing changes. Good luck.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

try doing a factory reset. sometimes it clears out errors .

Are you talking about a factory reset from the Audits and Adjustments menu? I've done that as well. Is there a hard reset that I can do, or a reset of error msgs?

#5 8 years ago

Check all the ball trough switch diodes and switches for shorts... as I recall one or more
of them are in the same row/column of the matrix as the T-rex switches.

Post edited by lonnkor : added more info

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
2,450 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Massillon, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside