(Topic ID: 49945)

Need help with Color DMD pics and videos (mainly TZ, AF, or Black Rose)

By lfrank22001

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ColorDMD.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lfrank22001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Dear Pinsiders,

I have a huge favor to ask.

I am interested in a Color DMD: http://www.colordmd.com/

I have an Addam's Family, but I didn't like the color layout of the custom color DMD for AF.
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-addams-family-pinball-machine/

But I saw their SIGMA Product:
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

Which allows either: Classic Dots, Scan Lines, or HD Upscaling in any single color for any DMD game.

I'm thinking this might work great with my Addams or my Black Rose, but I kinda want to get an idea what it would look like first.

Does anyone have a Color DMD?

Can anyone post pics or videos of what Addams, Black Rose or another pin's DMD would look like in each of the 4 options? Classic Dots, Scan Lines, HD Upscaling or in the case of an Addams, Attack from Mars, White Water, Medieval Madness, or ST: TNG -- the custom colors?

I really want to see each side by side before I make the plunge.

Thanks!

Lee

#2 10 years ago

OK… I did a bit more digging.

I think I can narrow down my request quite a bit.

What I want most is:
1. A video and some screen shots of TZ running Sigma Color DMD in Scan Line mode in White.
2. A video and some screen shots of Addams running Sigma Color DMD in Scan Line mode any color.

I’d love to also see Addams running in HD Upscale any color, or a Black Rose running a Sigma Color DMD any mode video or JPG. But the above two should give me the info I need.

Can anyone help?

Please?

Thanks!

Lee

I created a PDF of the info I've found so far.

#3 10 years ago

FWIW: I did email Randy at Color DMD and he is not just OK with us sharing this info... he suggested Pinside as the way to pull it all together! See below:

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your interest in ColorDMD and for the feedback!

Color choices are a personal preference. I can assure you it's impossible to make everyone happy but we seem to get it right more often than not.

We try to match all our color choices to the playfield. The red/orange clouds in Addams match the Power that appears over the house on the Playfield. The "purple castle" in Medieval is more a function of the way the colors appear on the video than in real life. They're actually gray with a slightly bluish tint.

I'd love to support your request for more videos, but the truth is each of our promotional videos requires over ten hours to capture the video and edit. For the options you're interested in seeing, your best option would be to find a friend with a ColorDMD or just send a request out on a newsgroup like pinside. With the new platform, any ColorDMD can be converted to be used in any of the supported games. It's better if you can test it live, as the colors that appear in the videos are never quite right.

We'll be set up at PAGG this month and a number of other shows through the rest of the year. Please sign on to our mailing list and we'll keep you posted.

Best regards,
Randy

3 weeks later
#7 10 years ago

Thanks for all the help! Color DMD defnintely will NOT in it's current shape fit in a Black Rose.

But they may make a new version that is compatible someday.

Thanks again!

L

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 63.95
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lfrank22001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-color-dmd-comparison?tu=lfrank22001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.