• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mikat11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5003.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

At times when the ball goes in the shark hole, the coil does not fire until I press the left flipper. Also, the ball will go in the shark hole and not come out and the lock trap to under playfield ramp gets locked on. I have to power the game off at that point. Other times the lock trap locks on when I start a game. Both coils work fine in test mode. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

Anybody? It has a new power supply so its not that.

#6 6 years ago

I have had it for a couple of months. When I first got it, there was a lot of blown fuses. It had that problem when I got it. I shopped it and thought the upper gate was the problem because I had everything working for a month other than when the ball went into the shark hole, it fired most of the time but I had to flip the flipper button for it to fire some of the time.

All switches work in test mode. I took a good look at the cpu and the transistor for Q54 has a loose leg so going to check it and solder it back on properly now and will update.

#10 6 years ago

ok, I took the cpu board off and the middle leg of the Q54 transistor and it somebody had taken the middle leg of the transistor and had it jumpered to one of the little things above it on the top side of the board, I think R103 but it had become loose. I put the middle leg back in the hole and now all the switched in the column associated with Q54 do not work although the coils do not lock on, all coils work and all other switches work. The transistor tests good so should I jumper it beneath the playfield with a wire? If so, to R103?

#11 6 years ago

I took the board back off and Q54 is actually traced to c80. Which leg of the transistor should I jumper to which leg of c80?

#12 6 years ago

I edited the topic since I found its actually a switch transistor problem.

#14 6 years ago

Thanks for the diagram zaza. Should I jumper the middle leg to R104?

#16 6 years ago

I jumpered that wire and all seems to be working properly now. Thanks to all for now. Only problem I still have is that shark hole switch does not register every time. I think that the left upper flipper firing causes enough vibration to make it register.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-coils-on-sega-baywatch?tu=Don44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.