Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mikat11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5003.png

#1 9 months ago

At times when the ball goes in the shark hole, the coil does not fire until I press the left flipper. Also, the ball will go in the shark hole and not come out and the lock trap to under playfield ramp gets locked on. I have to power the game off at that point. Other times the lock trap locks on when I start a game. Both coils work fine in test mode. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 9 months ago

Anybody? It has a new power supply so its not that.

#3 9 months ago

Are the switches registering in test mode?

#4 9 months ago

Don44 - Forked switches are known to be problem makers ! So check them first .

#5 9 months ago

I just had to re-solder a wire on the VUK switch because it frayed enough where it wasn't making a connection. So check your switches in test mode and see what happens.

Have you owned this game for a while and this problem just started or did you just buy the game and are troubleshooting it?

#6 9 months ago

I have had it for a couple of months. When I first got it, there was a lot of blown fuses. It had that problem when I got it. I shopped it and thought the upper gate was the problem because I had everything working for a month other than when the ball went into the shark hole, it fired most of the time but I had to flip the flipper button for it to fire some of the time.

All switches work in test mode. I took a good look at the cpu and the transistor for Q54 has a loose leg so going to check it and solder it back on properly now and will update.

#7 9 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

All switches work in test mode.

Do the switches work when activated with the weight of the ball? I've had situations where a switch works when I manually activate it with the press of my finger but they do not work when the ball tries to activate them. The Shark Scoop is a perfect example of this type of scenario.

#8 9 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

At times when the ball goes in the shark hole, the coil does not fire until I press the left flipper.

This sounds like you might have something wired wrong? Activating the left flipper to activate the VUK doesn't sound correct...............

#9 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

This sounds like you might have something wired wrong? Activating the left flipper to activate the VUK doesn't sound correct...............

Yes very true not sure if OP means if the flipper triggers the coil every time or only intermittently

#10 9 months ago

ok, I took the cpu board off and the middle leg of the Q54 transistor and it somebody had taken the middle leg of the transistor and had it jumpered to one of the little things above it on the top side of the board, I think R103 but it had become loose. I put the middle leg back in the hole and now all the switched in the column associated with Q54 do not work although the coils do not lock on, all coils work and all other switches work. The transistor tests good so should I jumper it beneath the playfield with a wire? If so, to R103?

#11 9 months ago

I took the board back off and Q54 is actually traced to c80. Which leg of the transistor should I jumper to which leg of c80?

#12 9 months ago

I edited the topic since I found its actually a switch transistor problem.

#13 9 months ago

5003.png

#14 9 months ago

Thanks for the diagram zaza. Should I jumper the middle leg to R104?

#15 9 months ago

Yes, just like the picture

#16 9 months ago

I jumpered that wire and all seems to be working properly now. Thanks to all for now. Only problem I still have is that shark hole switch does not register every time. I think that the left upper flipper firing causes enough vibration to make it register.

#17 9 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

I think that the left upper flipper firing causes enough vibration to make it register.

More than likely. Adjust switch, check for loose wires or replace switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 23.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 15.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside