8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jdapolito
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I just got a Chicago coin home run . the problem is when the ball drains for an out instead of getting one out it gives you three.
Where do I look to correct this .hopefully before the fourth of July party ... Thanks for your help.

#3 8 years ago

it seems to step up 3 times for each time the out switch is activated by the ball
it resets completely to zero outs at the start of the game
i will watch it more closely tomorrow and see if i can notice something .meantime i hope someone out there can help
when i first brought it home it didnt record any outs
then i looked and the little wire on microswitch that is activated when the ball drains was hung up
i released it and now you get the 3 outs recorded when any out occurs.
i noticed there are 3 wires coming out of the switch,these probably do not correspond to the 3 outs ?
i was thinking maybe its a fault within the switch itself ??

#5 8 years ago

ok last nite i looked at the stacks on the score motor
i noticed that the 0ne of the stacks the switches didnt seem to be opening up properly
i cleaned up the switches and opened the gap a little and now the outs seem to be working well ,
but since i opened up the mechanism to check the out switch and when i put it back together now the rt field left field and center field light stay lit and the relay for these on the back door are activated and sometimes when you get an out you score the amt of runs that are lit on the bonus run light on the playfield
are these related? or is it a switch on one of the score motor stacks
does anyone know what the different switches activated on the score motor and animation motor i have a schematic but it doesnt list what the switches control thanks again

#7 8 years ago

OK I adjusted the switches nothing was stuck I still. Get extra points sometimes when I get an out but not always I wonder if when the ball is hit hard it causes enough vibration to activate the homerun switch??
But now score won't reset all the way but l can play a game when credit button is pushed .
Clean score reels or something else
When I manually hit scorev relay several times it will zero .need help fourth is almost here .if I can get the score to zero again I'd be happy. Also need to know what switches control what onscore motor thanks again this is a great forum. Hope to get smart enough to contribute someday

#9 8 years ago

OK got the score reels zeroing. I had to adjust some blades that weren't opening on the score motor switch stack b .that's why I think the reset for the outfield lights is a switch o the score motor too. I adjusted scor switch stack D to gets the outs working .although sometimes an out will still score you some runs . thanks again
In the parts manual it lists all the switch stacks and switches on the score motor it gives them numbers but where do I look to see what each does ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-chicago-coin-home-run?tu=jdapolito and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.