Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN3499.jpg
DSCN3500.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Just when you think you are almost done with that restore job here comes some spilled milk to slow you down again. I think I got the wrong left hex spacer on my castle because it seems too big, not lining up and sitting a bit crooked? Mine measures 3-1/4 inch tall on the left. Anyone know the right size?? Can you also post front facing pictures of your castle so I can get a better idea of how it should be sitting? Thank you

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#2 8 years ago

That sure does look a little too tall. I know you guys have been asking in the other thread too, so I should really take a look at mine. I don't have a good picture at the moment either, but I'll try to get one tonight. The problem is you can't get that off to check the hex post without removing the wire form and everything, right?

#3 8 years ago

I'm in the middle of shopping mine It's 3 1/4" on mine as wellimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm in the middle of shopping mine It's 3 1/4" on mine as wellimage.jpg

Oh wow, thanks a lot. I guess I'm going to have to warm up the inside of my castle with my heat gun so it gets soft and stretches to fit?
If someone can post a front facing picture of they're castle so I can see how it sits, that would be nice

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

I guess I'm going to have to warm up the inside of my castle with my heat gun so it gets soft and stretches to fit?

Don't do that, it fit before right ? Get it on there in the right spot. There should be a small hole on top a screw goes through to fasten it to the hex post. Line that up.

LTG : )™

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't do that, it fit before right ? Get it on there in the right spot. There should be a small hole on top a screw goes through to fasten it to the hex post. Line that up.
LTG : )™

Thanks but If it was that easy I would've done that a long time ago. When I bought the machine I noticed that it was never screwed in. It does not line up to the hole to get the screw on there. These pieces tend to shrink or flex a bit depending on temperature. If you warm them up a bit on the inside (castle,graveyard or village) you will notice that they become very soft and flexible really quick. Of course you have to be really careful warming them up because if you Over do it than you can burn/damage them too.

#9 8 years ago

Maybe these photos will help.

Gord

DSCN3499.JPGDSCN3499.JPG
DSCN3500.JPGDSCN3500.JPG

#10 8 years ago

I think that should be 3" rather than 3 1/4". The top of the hex post should be about even with the top of the ramp. If you measure ten games every one will be different since the hex posts have gotten mixed up. The key is the alignment in regards to the ramp.

There's no need to heat the castle with a heat gun. Lower the castle in place while keeping it parallel to the ground (it may take some slight wiggling and twisting of the castle). Do not lower one side and then the other. Once it's in place use a screwdriver or needle nose pliers to push/pull the hex post into place. You can also slightly raise the castle, insert an awl from the top, position the tip in the top of the post, align the holes and lower the castle in place.

Once you get the technique down it really is as easy as LTG said.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Maybe these photos will help.
Gord
DSCN3499.JPG
DSCN3500.JPG

Yes it did, thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-bsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.