View topic image gallery

one (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
TruckStopTargets (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hello,

Does anyone have a Bally Truck Stop? I could use some assistance and pictures would be great as I just purchased this machine and it requires some repair.

1. Does this machine have a back glass or Translite?
Mine only has a translite and no glass backglass (as it must have shattered). Is this correct?

There are two banks of 3 targets in the middle of the playfield. Each bank has one target that is on its own (upper most target) whereas the remaining two are wired together (at least it seems that way). The upper most target works and scores correctly when hot by the ball, whereas the two bottom most targets do not register anything when hit by the ball.

I looked at the end of stroke switch and I believe the problem is not the CPU / MPU but the way the switches are wired.

I am attaching pictures of the the two now working targets and how the EOS switches are currently wired.

I do not have a manual, and the one available at ipdb.org is a very poor scan that is difficult to read.

Does anyone have a Truck Stop for which they can check the wiring for me? Or a better manual that I can review?

Or does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Any advice / assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark

TruckStopTargets (resized).JPGTruckStopTargets (resized).JPG

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

one (resized).jpgone (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2 6 years ago

I just purchased one and will be picking it up in a day or so. I should be able to help you after I get mine. I don’t believe any 1988machines had translites. In that era, it was all glass.

#3 6 years ago

BTW, did you resolve the yellow wire in the pic? It obviously needs to be connected to something.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-bally-truck-stop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.