Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Boslaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

30F198C9-323C-4F19-B7B1-746CD761DEFF (resized).jpeg
    bowler (resized).jpeg
    light (resized).jpg
    IMG_5852 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5862 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5867 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5868 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5870 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5869 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5871 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5874 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5873 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5872 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

The fuses and their placement are accurate. You don't want to put a fuse in the low line holder..
    If the Reset relay for Player 2 (and 5) switches are clean and adjusted properly, I'd recheck
    the run-out switch in the 2nd Player 1s score reel that opens only when the reel is on zero..
    If you're having problems with the lights and they're suppose to be flashing, it very possible
    is a contact that runs off of the score motor's cam, and it would be one that runs off of a
    cam that has multiple teeth. The lighting could also come from a Flash motor, but I think the
    flash motor would only be for the speed scoring..

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boslaw:

The reset relay switches also appear to be clean and adjusted properly but I'll check that again. If both of these are as they should be, is there anywhere else to look for problems?

If the other score reels are resetting okay, then there isn't any other contacts. If the run-out switch and reset switches are okay,
    you may need to do some jumping to see where a possible broken wire may be, but I's maybe first recheck the contacts and
    their solder joints and possible loose wires..

Quoted from Boslaw:

As for the lights, they are not supposed to be flashing. They're supposed to be constant. Whenever there's a burst of power (i.e. when the machine shifts players, or when the machine is running through its scoring routine) they will often quickly go on and then immediately turn off (one time, not flashing). Example, player 1 scores a strike. The strike light will often quickly come on and then immediately shut off

It's not uncommon that the Mark Relay's switches need additional cleaning and adjusting.
    Note: At times, not only the Relay that is energized is carrying the circuit, but also that player's
    relay's mate could also be carrying the lights circuit even though it's not presently energized..
    When a Strike or Spare suppose to be lit, you'll want to check all contacts in both of
    that Player's Strike/Spare Relays..

#6 4 years ago

If it's not the switches in the relay(s), with the machine off, you can take the bulb out
    and carefully push that little sockets center tab in a little bit so it has more pressure on
    the tail of the bulb.
    If there's a socket that's not so easy to get from the backside, with a tiny Allen wrench,
    you can pull that tab a hair..
    Although some say they had, I really didn't have much problems with Bally sockets..

3 months later
    #9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boslaw:

I don't understand why they're not all on the same circuit/wire. I also don't know when/why the "shoot" light is supposed to be lit.

I believe those bulbs that are not lit under the pin deck is on the same circuit as the "Shoot Again"
    light which should be lit when the Score Motor isn't moving (energized). I'm pretty sure it's a set
    of switches off a Score Motor cam that should be closed when the Score Motor is at rest. I'm not
    sure which one on your machine, but it could be the same switch as on a Bally Ball Bowler. If you
    can't locate the cam switch, I'll check a ball bowler's schematic..
    BTW: Do you have a schematic for your machine? If so, it'll be in the "Shoot Again" light circuitry..

#11 4 years ago

Okay, I just looked above. On Ball Bowlers, there's 4 or so switch stacks on the backside
    of the Score Motor's cam. Maybe it's the same as yours. I think switch 10A is one of those
    4 stacks on the backside. For sure the "A" in 10A represents the lower set of switches in the
    stack. The one closest to the cam. It'll be a set that closes toward the end of the Score Motor's
    revolution. Your schematic (or a label inside the machine) should say which stack is 10.
    I'd first properly clean and gap the 10A switch..

#13 4 years ago

I also see the circuit goes through the 10th Frame Unit.
    I'm thinking the 10A set of switches is more likely the issue,
    but maybe wouldn't hurt to clean and lube the 10th Frame
    Unit's wiper board also..

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boslaw:

Is there an easy way to adjust?

Yes, You have to take off the Wiper (probably a philip head screw) and then
    there's two screw you loosen, turn the wiper board slightly (in this case clockwise)
    then tighten the two screws and check if it's now aliened..
    Note: When taking off the Wiper's screw, hold back on the backside gear..

#18 4 years ago

On the Strike/Spare lights, there's two Relays per player for the Spares and Strikes.
    Their contacts need to be cleaned and adjusted properly. Even if one of the two isn't energized,
    it doesn't mean one of it's sets of contacts isn't in the Strike/Spare lighting circuit that's presently
    suppose to be lit..
    On the Frame lights, when one of the frames are lit, go back to the Frame Unit and locate the
    blade that is lighting that frame. Then step the Frame Unit up until a frame is not lit, then while
    putting a little pressure on that one blade, check if one of the frames are lit. You may have to take
    the wiper off and bend that one blade just a little inward so it has a little more tension on its wiper
    board. You might also want to check the other blades while it's off for weak tension..

#20 4 years ago

On the frame lights, I believe the common wire may go to the Frame Unit's metal frame.
    You may want to check that out. Also, when a frame suppose to be lit but it's not, I'd put
    a voltage meter or test light on that socket to make certain that it's not the socket..
    On the Player Step up energizing when on a single player.
    It sounds like once in a while the Player Up Reset Relay isn't energizing. It needs to energize
    to break the circuit to the Player Unit's step up coil..
    The Player Up Reset Relay's circuitry goes through the Coin and Player Step Up Units. That's how
    it determines when to reset back to the 1st player. I'd first clean the Coin and Player Step Ups.
    It could be a set of switches that's barely making in the Score Motor, but I'd first check those
    two Step Ups..

1 week later
    #23 4 years ago

Yes, like Mark said, there's a good chance that the Frame's Reset Coil is getting a pulse
    during game play.
    I'd check the Start Relay contacts. There may be an open set that's a bit too close together
    and sometime slightly touches from vibration..
    What's nice about Bally Bowlers, those contacts are easy to get to..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-bally-deluxe-club-shuffle-bowler?tu=Mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.