Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 471 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PM_Jeremy
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190926_080527 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).JPG
    20190912_064041 (resized).jpg
    20190911_183527 (resized).jpg
    20190909_181246 (resized).jpg
    20190908_135158 (resized).jpg
    20190829_035816 (resized).jpg
    20190829_035751 (resized).jpg
    20190829_024039 (resized).jpg
    20190829_024057 (resized).jpg
    20190829_023940 (resized).jpg
    20190828_181419 (resized).jpg
    20190828_182141 (resized).jpg
    20190827_142023 (resized).jpg
    20190827_142013 (resized).jpg
    20190826_185524 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PM_Jeremy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 4 years ago

Nic Schell recently did a video over on Facebook about cleaning and adjusting relays. I only saw a tiny bit when it was live but there's some great info there.

https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.schell/videos/10156172583066806/

#51 4 years ago

I'll throw my hat in on the videos. I'm documenting some of the work while rebuilding a 1962 United Embassy Shuffle Alley.
    -here's the full play list (4 videos as of this date) - soon I will be adding a cleaning and reassembly videos
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKBzlsEWMlPKNVRIHPr3cjAtAqjoL4dCK

score reel teardown

a tip to free stuck score reel parts

1 week later
    #88 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I hope this isnt a stupid question and I'm hoping somebody can give me a good answer but does the whole assembly that the scoring reels screw into come out of the back box? There's like a metal latch on the side of back box that slides but I thought it said that that was for the back glass removal. It's a pain in the ass to try to take these reels out up in the air and have them dangling down by the wiring. It would be a lot easier if the whole thing came out and I could lay it on the table and do them that way. Without a manual I am reluctant to just push and pull things that I don't know what they do.

I doubt it. On the latter United machines you pull the back glass and the reels tip down. I don't think your machine does this.

#101 4 years ago

Do you have a high power soldering gun?

1 week later
    #136 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Is there a magic number of windings? Wasn't sure if too many would cause problems

Yep! To many turns & it might not step up completely. Trial & error is my motto when working on these units.

#139 4 years ago

Nope, when I first started working on these units (Williams pinball) I counted turns. But I always had to adjust them tighter or looser. So now I just start with 2 or 3 turns and adjust from there.

1 week later
    #255 4 years ago

You're making good progress

#262 4 years ago

I found a good United service manual here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-arcade/United%201954%20TEAM%20SHUFFLE%20%20Service%20Manual.pdf

It's not exact for your machine but it does a great job at explaining what each mechanical unit does and what the function of each relay is. This can be very helpful in troubleshooting

There are some other manuals here https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals/manuals_em_arcade.php

1 week later
    #349 4 years ago

Good progress!

#351 4 years ago

You will be- as the mechanicals are the exact same. Just the lanes and ball lift motor are the main differences.

#414 4 years ago

Good pics of the wire. I believe that wire is there to make sure the hub that the score reel screws to is grounded to the plate of the score reel mech. From what I can see the hub is a sandwich of metal & fiber cams. The wire should go on the top grove closest to the screws.

#416 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

So not in the middle groove between the 2 fiber cams but above that one in between the metal and the fiber is this correct? If so that is the way I had it after reassembly.

Yep! you have it correct.

2 weeks later
    #454 4 years ago

There are some hints on the flyer

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #465 4 years ago

Nice work! Sometimes just working the mechs and contact points gets everything lined up and working correctly.

#471 4 years ago

Woot! that's great news

After you get some games in make a feature video showing off the shuffle alley and what makes it unique.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PM_Jeremy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-a-united-deluxe-mercury-shuffle-alley?tu=PM_Jeremy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.