So, I have gone through the forums and can not find the issue I have. It seems that everyone fixed theirs by turning the ribbon cable over because it was installed incorrectly, or the ever infamous 7180 chips going bad. Here is what happened. I picked up a Williams Grand Lizard, I played it at the fellas house and the displays worked fine, clean and bright original. I looked at the CPU and it did have a light amount of corrosion from the battery that I figured I would fix when I got it home, not a big deal... I got it home and set it up, played it for a few that evening, then the next morning and the Player 1, Player 2, and Match displays were garbled. No big deal, as there was a sound issue as well ( the multiball sound played during attraction mode and the end of every ball).
Sound Issue: Battery corrosion into SRC 2 and SRC 3... SRC 2 is to the sound so I figured, I would replace these 2 and play some pinball. Once I repined a few connectors and replaced the SRCs, the sound was all good. So that is fixed. On to the next....
Display Issue: As I said above, I replaced SRC 2 and SRC 3... 2 fixed the sound issue, 3 did not fix the display issue that was fine the day before! BTW, the schematic has the SRCs backwards from the board identification... On the Schematic and Parts List, they are listed in the opposite position than the actual board, which can really throw you off if you don't see the parts list before the schematic. SRC 2 is above the SRC 3 on the board itself, not the other way around like the Parts List shows and translates over to the Schematic. Anyway, I went to the ribbon cable next, it seems okay, but I will be replacing it anyway. I do not believe this is the issue though, as I put it in diagnostic mode and almost all the segments lit full. A couple did not, but that will be taken care of later. I logic probed the 7180s under diagnostic test and the signal was miserable on the input side on U13 and U14, maybe a couple actually strobed. This leads me to believe the problem is before said chips. It is frustrating me to no end. It is very possible that I am missing something silly, because I am overthinking it, and I hope I am. But maybe not, I don't know about you, but for me a fresh prospective is usually very helpful. Also, I should say that I replaced the SRCs with Line Resistors, not that it should make much difference because, Ive done this and seen it done multiple times without the caps with no issues. Maybe I'm wrong there, but again Ive done it myself and have a few friends that their boards have had the same treatment, with no issues. I do not believe the caps make that much difference. Correct me if Im wrong.
Here is a video I made to help everyone see the issue. I can take a video of the diagnostic mode if anyone is interested or can help. Thank you in advance for all the help and insight that is so great on here.