6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled (resized).JPG
    IMG_2401 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

I bought a super clean Who Dunnit and I've been enjoying the heck out of it!

I was doing a general look over and noticed that one of top interlock switch was out of its metal bracket and was dangling free behind the bracket. Note that the game played fine when it was dangling off the bracket with the coin door closed. So I went and put the switch back into the bracket. Now when I close the coin door the flippers don't work, and when I open the coin door the flippers work. So I'm assuming that someone bypassed the interlock and the interlock allowed the game to play when it was dangling. So its all backwards.

What's the correct way to undo this? I tried to reading the schematic but couldn't find anything obvious. Sorry if this is a bit of a newbie question, but this is my first WPC game and these are so much more complex than the early solid state machines that I'm used to!

IMG_2401 (resized).JPGIMG_2401 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Looks like your wires are swapped around. For example, one interlock switch is supposed to make/break the white/red set of wires.

untitled (resized).JPGuntitled (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

Perfect! Where did you find that? Was that in the schematic and I just missed it?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from fatcake:

Perfect! Where did you find that? Was that in the schematic and I just missed it?

Found in the IPDB .pdf online schematics. It's on the transformer diagram page.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-undoing-interlock-bypass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.