By fatality83

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190524-140345_Gallery (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatality83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have a freddy pinball that the two boiler room flashers and two house flashers are not working correctly. When I test the boiler flashers in test mode, the house flashers also flash, if I have two bulbs in each boiler room flasher socket none of the lights light up. There is supposed to be two separate backbox flashers (one for the boiler room and another that lights with the house) These are working correctly. It appears there is a short somewhere. If I test the yellow wire coming from the boiler room plug and test it against the yellow wire going to either of the house flashers, I get continuity. If I test the other wire (wire 155 in diag for boiler to wire 166 for house) I get continuity. If I unplug the back box plug a9j5/p5 in the diagram, that continuity goes away. I did not remove the bulbs from the back box, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Any suggestions or things to check. I have been trying to figure this one out for some time now. I don't see anywhere that the wires are pinched or shorted together. I tried replacing the sockets and that seemed to have no affect. I didn't replace any of the sockets in the back box though

Screenshot_20190524-140345_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190524-140345_Gallery (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2 4 years ago

figured it out, turns out there was a 20 volt yellow wire that was unsoldered and tucked into the large wire harness making it look like it went somewhere but it really wasn't hooked up. After hooking this wire up to one of the house flashers, my flashers are all working great now. Can anyone tell me though what the number inside a square means in the diagram above. For instance look at the top connector on the picture a9j11-p11 what is that 1 mean inside the square? On the other end of that connector there is a 2. I couldn't figure out what these mean

#4 4 years ago

It is weird at first I thought it meant there is 1 wire going to a plug and then the other end of the plug has two wires coming out which is true for the boiler but the house should 2 wires coming in and like 2 going out but there is nothing listed for the house so I don't know. Also the way the wires are jumpered together from that yellow wire are not in the right order either. Diagrahm shows the wire coming off resistor 1, going to the left flipper flasher, then jumping over to the right flipper flasher, then going to the glove flasher (but my game goes from the right flipper flasher to the house which is supposed to be the last socket the yellow wire goes to on the diagram above. So hard and confusing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatality83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-understanding-this-wiring-schematic?tu=fatality83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.