1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B7422270-FB44-4FF6-8D3F-F687A18115E0 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Somehow, after swapping in a replacement sound board into my Fish Tales (using a board that came out of a Getaway HS2), when I turned the game back on, many problems popped up. but, to cut to the chase now, I see the Rottendog board no longer has the 12V and 18V led's on. What is the best way to find out what is causing this? Thanks in advance.

#3 1 year ago

I love that people stepped up to provide replacements but if you can’t get schematics it gets hard. I helped a friend do something similar on a system 80? Spider-Man where we couldn’t find schematics for the rotten dog.

I would start with the original WPC schematic and compare to the rotten dog if you can find it. Then see where the power from transformer comes in what fuses could be blown and what might be broken before the LED. In my experience the paths were the same the components were newer in some cases.

Here’s is a pic that will get you started. Once you figure out the input connectors and fuses go look at the schematic for the driver board for more info. Looking at this picture both 18V and 12V both come in from J101 pins 4 and 5 and F114. Start by testing that fuse F114 it is the common component

Let us know what you find

B7422270-FB44-4FF6-8D3F-F687A18115E0 (resized).jpegB7422270-FB44-4FF6-8D3F-F687A18115E0 (resized).jpeg
#4 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

I love that people stepped up to provide replacements but if you can’t get schematics it gets hard. I helped a friend do something similar on a system 80? Spider-Man where we couldn’t find schematics for the rotten dog.
I would start with the original WPC schematic and compare to the rotten dog if you can find it. Then see where the power from transformer comes in what fuses could be blown and what might be broken before the LED. In my experience the paths were the same the components were newer in some cases.
Here’s is a pic that will get you started. Once you figure out the input connectors and fuses go look at the schematic for the driver board for more info. Looking at this picture both 18V and 12V both come in from J101 pins 4 and 5 and F114. Start by testing that fuse F114 it is the common component
Let us know what you find
[quoted image]

So far, I did find that F114 was blown and I replaced it, but I still have no 12 or 18V... to be continued..

#5 1 year ago

Search is your friend. It took me < 1 minute to find that post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-a-rottendog-wpc-driver-board-schematic#post-5888296

#6 1 year ago

Update - turns out I have (3) fuses that instantly blow when turning on the game... F104 (solenoids 9-16), F105 (solenoids 1-8), and F114 (18v lamp matrix0. I ran out of fuses while working on it last night, but when I start back up on troubleshooting, I plan on disconnecting the necessary connectors and adding back 1at a time to try and isolate the issue. Just seems so very strange all this happened while swapping in a different sound card from a HS2, but I have since put the original back in the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus
Playfields
$ 26.50
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.00
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-troubleshooting-rottendog-power-driver-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.