Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Atlantis Outhole Snippet.jpg
EggHead.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
posts.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago

5 ball, conservative posts, get 3" levelers for the back legs and crank 'em up...

high replay levels...

it'll be plenty hard...

#27 9 years ago

also fwiw, cj and aurich directly mentioned it, and mikeo alluded to it... it really never gets mentioned very often (if at all) that wedgeheads really play better as 5 ball games... i think it is kind of taken for granted, so it is never brought up...

for someone coming from the "3 ball, dmd world", that may seem a bit strange...

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

It's just fine right now on 5 balls I am averaging in the 30,000s occasionally higher

sounds like it is hard enough for now then...

you've got two learning curves to deal with right now...

first, mikeo mentioned earlier that you'll learn the "personality" of the machine and it may (or may not) need to be adjusted some to keep it in that "just hard enough to not beat regularly" zone...

second one is that you have to learn how to play "em pinball"... NUDGE that bad boy...

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Exactly. Most Multiplayer games play from ball to ball (everything resets) so it doesn't really matter if its 2 balls, 3 balls or 10 balls. Only how much it costs per play and how high the replay level is/was. In fact, it may be better suited for 3 ball play if the game is regularly rolled over.
The single player sequence games, were usually perfectly set up for that "oh, so close" aspect of nearing completion making you dig in your pocket for another coin.

yup... single player games are 1 5-ball game... multiplayers are (with very few exceptions) "x" 1 ball games...

that contributes heavily towards my single player bias...

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I bruised my hand is that nudging it enough for ya

that's what we like to hear!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

The ball kicker always seems temperamental on this era Gottlieb. Let me guess it takes a couple times to get the ball into the shooter lane.

yea true... kick, clang off apron... kick, clang off apron... kick, clunk into the shooter lane...

but this doesn't sound like the "normal gtb kick behaviour"?

Quoted from bellbrand:

Yep I have to push start a few times

you shouldn't have to push start again to get the ball to serve... it should keep trying until it gets it into the shooter lane...

if you have to repeatedly press the start button to get the first ball to serve (note that what alex points out isn't unique to the "first ball", it can/does happen on any ball), then something else is up...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-trouble-shooting-a-scoring-issue-on-gottlieb-atlantis?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.