Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Atlantis Outhole Snippet.jpg
EggHead.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
posts.jpeg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Can you tell me what the rollover at the top of the playfield when lit scores?
Also the special outlane scores 1000 when not lit but doesn't score when lit.
Thanks for your help..

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

The star roll overs are also lit at all times.

Nothing wrong there, that is correct.

Ken

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Nothing wrong there, that is correct.
Ken

Okay cool
Cross that off the list

#4 9 years ago

any help would be appreciated.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

500 (same lit and unlit; lit only advances the sequence, doesn't score different point value.)

edit: nope, should score 3000 lit due to the advance (which is what I get for reading schematics late at night).

Quoted from bellbrand:

Should award a replay instead of 1000 points. (Controlled by the 9th position make/break switch on the Sequence Unit.)

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

3000 points.

Quoted from bellbrand:

Should score 1000 Not Lit and just the Special When Lit.

Sounds like everything is working as it should.

Ken

#7 9 years ago

You're both wrong. The top lanes score 500 when unlit and 3000 and an advance when lit.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

The top lanes score 500 when unlit and 3000 and an advance when lit.

That's what I just said, 3000 points Lit. How is that wrong when you just confirmed that?

Ken

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

That's what I just said, 3000 points Lit. How is that wrong when you just confirmed that?
Ken

No offense intended.

You are correct at 3000 when lit. You said 1000 when not lit where it is 500. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I did not say anything regarding Un-lit as she only asked for Lit Lanes.

Ken

#11 9 years ago

My apologies. I was reading top three lanes and she was asking out lane. How about I just erase all of my posts above and start over.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

My apologies

No problem Mike. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.....yet.

Ken

#13 9 years ago

Ken, I'm the one that has lost his mind and Atlantis is my desert island game.

I need to aim better before I shoot next time.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

3000 points.

Should score 1000 Not Lit and just the Special When Lit.
Sounds like everything is working as it should.
Ken

Woo hoo everything is fixed

#15 9 years ago

That wasn't too bad. Glad you got it working. We look forward to your report back in a week or two after you've put a hundred games or so on it.

Sounds like the issues this game had were pretty straightforward. Some games can be this way. Others not so much. In fact I actually misadjusted a game I was working on last week chasing an issue. Once I found the actual source of the issue I discovered a different issue that my previous adjustment created. I had a friend over Saturday and it took him to help me identify my self induced problem.

The takeaway from this is patience.

#16 9 years ago

The takeaway from this is patience.

I am learning.

#17 9 years ago

That's what I get for reading schematics late at night.

However, the Special rollover lane scores either 1000 or a replay (I at least got that part right).

If it's still scoring 1000 when Special is lit, then the 9th position make/break switch on the Sequence Unit is likely in a make/make state.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

That's what I get for reading schematics late at night.
However, the Special rollover lane scores either 1000 or a replay (I at least got that part right).
If it's still scoring 1000 when Special is lit, then the 9th position make/break switch on the Sequence Unit is likely in a make/make state.

Nope it's all good not scoring 1000 when lit

#19 9 years ago

It's nice to have an actual game where I am not rolling it over on the first ball lol...

#20 9 years ago

I'm looking forward to your opinion after you've played 100 or so games on it.

Once you start to learn the personality of the game's bounces your scores will improve only to a point. It should still remain challenging to the point that it is not a game you can beat regularly. If it gets to that point then it is set up too easy and something should be adjusted.

#21 9 years ago

It's on 5 balls I don't know how to change that.
What is an average score?

#22 9 years ago

I have mine set between 65K and 70K for the first replay threshold.

To change it to 3 ball there is a slim 6 or 7 pin jones plug connector sitting right in the center of the main relay board in the bottom of the cabinet. Pull it and put it on the left side for three ball. It should already be on the right for five ball.

I have to admit I don't know how it plays on 3 ball. It does light up two lanes at a time on top and at the stand up targets when they are lit for 3 ball. Might be fun to try. I've always played it on 5 ball.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

It's on 5 balls I don't know how to change that.
What is an average score?

I'd leave it on 5 ball. These games were really meant for it. You can change them to 3 ball, but it gimps the rules and makes the game easier to compensate.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd leave it on 5 ball. These games were really meant for it. You can change them to 3 ball, but it gimps the rules and makes the game easier to compensate.

As Aurick says, it takes away a good portion of the fun when set to 3 Ball play. As I recall, Atlantis will light ALL of the "Advance when lit" targets and roll overs so it will advance through the 1-9 faster. And, sometimes, things like Pop Bumpers that alternate lit and unlit will all be lit the entire game.

Single Player Gottlieb Wedge heads just weren't really designed to be 3 ball. It was only an option they had to make available to support the various markets. If a Wedgie is too easy on 5 Balls, you can increase pitch a bit, and/or, open up the posts at the outlanes. Some games even have Liberal/Conservative post settings for the rollovers up top.

#25 9 years ago

5 ball, conservative posts, get 3" levelers for the back legs and crank 'em up...

high replay levels...

it'll be plenty hard...

#26 9 years ago

It's just fine right now on 5 balls I am averaging in the 30,000s occasionally higher

#27 9 years ago

also fwiw, cj and aurich directly mentioned it, and mikeo alluded to it... it really never gets mentioned very often (if at all) that wedgeheads really play better as 5 ball games... i think it is kind of taken for granted, so it is never brought up...

for someone coming from the "3 ball, dmd world", that may seem a bit strange...

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Thanks for your help..

Thks for raising this issue bellbrand because I had the identical question for resolution on my recently acquired machine. The subsequent clarification in this thread stops me from needlessly pursuing what I could not deduce from the schematic.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

It's just fine right now on 5 balls I am averaging in the 30,000s occasionally higher

sounds like it is hard enough for now then...

you've got two learning curves to deal with right now...

first, mikeo mentioned earlier that you'll learn the "personality" of the machine and it may (or may not) need to be adjusted some to keep it in that "just hard enough to not beat regularly" zone...

second one is that you have to learn how to play "em pinball"... NUDGE that bad boy...

#30 9 years ago

5 ball on Atlantis is all I know and it fits the game.

3 ball on Quick Draw, from basically the same year, is a great fit.

So the comment that single player games were set up more with 5 balls in mind fits.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I was right there when I set my Atlantis back up a few months ago. It took me 30-40 games to get back into some better scores.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

5 ball on Atlantis is all I know and it fits the game.
3 ball on Quick Draw, from basically the same year, is a great fit.
So the comment that single player games were set up more with 5 balls in mind fits.

Exactly. Most Multiplayer games play from ball to ball (everything resets) so it doesn't really matter if its 2 balls, 3 balls or 10 balls. Only how much it costs per play and how high the replay level is/was. In fact, it may be better suited for 3 ball play if the game is regularly rolled over.

The single player sequence games, were usually perfectly set up for that "oh, so close" aspect of nearing completion making you dig in your pocket for another coin.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Exactly. Most Multiplayer games play from ball to ball (everything resets) so it doesn't really matter if its 2 balls, 3 balls or 10 balls. Only how much it costs per play and how high the replay level is/was. In fact, it may be better suited for 3 ball play if the game is regularly rolled over.
The single player sequence games, were usually perfectly set up for that "oh, so close" aspect of nearing completion making you dig in your pocket for another coin.

yup... single player games are 1 5-ball game... multiplayers are (with very few exceptions) "x" 1 ball games...

that contributes heavily towards my single player bias...

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

sounds like it is hard enough for now then...
you've got two learning curves to deal with right now...
first, mikeo mentioned earlier that you'll learn the "personality" of the machine and it may (or may not) need to be adjusted some to keep it in that "just hard enough to not beat regularly" zone...
second one is that you have to learn how to play "em pinball"... NUDGE that bad boy...

I bruised my hand is that nudging it enough for ya

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I bruised my hand is that nudging it enough for ya

that's what we like to hear!

#36 9 years ago

Soooo... basically this machine fixed itself?

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Soooo... basically this machine fixed itself?

No... I fixed the stepper about a week ago. I cleaned everything as best I could lubed stuff and it's playing pretty good the kick out ball relay is still temperamental. Mike came over yesterday but there wasn't much for him to do so he didn't even charge me. Not sure what you meant by the comment. Maybe you didn't see my other posts.

#38 9 years ago

posts.jpegposts.jpeg

#39 9 years ago

Brian I usually get your humor but you lost me on this one.

#40 9 years ago

The ball kicker always seems temperamental on this era Gottlieb. Let me guess it takes a couple times to get the ball into the shooter lane.

#41 9 years ago

Yep I have to push start a few times

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Brian I usually get your humor but you lost me on this one.

It might have been edited. See if you get my music. My favorite new song this week.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

The ball kicker always seems temperamental on this era Gottlieb. Let me guess it takes a couple times to get the ball into the shooter lane.

yea true... kick, clang off apron... kick, clang off apron... kick, clunk into the shooter lane...

but this doesn't sound like the "normal gtb kick behaviour"?

Quoted from bellbrand:

Yep I have to push start a few times

you shouldn't have to push start again to get the ball to serve... it should keep trying until it gets it into the shooter lane...

if you have to repeatedly press the start button to get the first ball to serve (note that what alex points out isn't unique to the "first ball", it can/does happen on any ball), then something else is up...

#44 9 years ago

A sticky relay I would imagine

#46 9 years ago

Is this the atlantis you were looking at a few months ago on CL? From memory it was a very clean example and there was a lot of drooling over it. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the game. I love mine...so classy and challenging. A good game for me is 50 to 70000 on 5 ball.
cheers
Ps hi Mike hi Rod!

#47 9 years ago

If I activate the ball eject switch by hand it kicks it out.

#48 9 years ago

What switch are you calling the ball eject switch?

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It might have been edited. See if you get my music. My favorite new song this week.
» YouTube video

image.jpgimage.jpg
#50 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

What switch are you calling the ball eject switch?

Maybe the trough switch? Could need a minor adjustment or cleaning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-trouble-shooting-a-scoring-issue-on-gottlieb-atlantis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.