5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6394 (resized).JPG
IMG_6392 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

The one with the diode on the switches the extend through the playfield is 100% wrong. It looks like it toasted the 100 ohm resistor too.

Each sling and pop bumper solenoid activation switch is supposed to have a 22uf 10V capacitor and 100 ohm resistor wired across them. Often, these have been cut off by operators when the components failed rather than replaced. The purpose of the capacitor is to give the solenoid a more solid, thorough fire to improve ball action. If you replace the caps, make sure you get the polarity of the capacitor correct as it does matter.

Slings have 2 switches extending up through the PF wired in parallel. There will only be one cap/resistor pair on each set of sling switches.

There are scoring/sound effect switches on the slings and pops as well. You can see one in the background on the left side of your second picture. These are in the switch matrix (like target and rollover switches) and are supposed to have only a diode wired into them.

You can see the resistors and capacitors illustrated on page 25 of the Firepower schematics on IPDB

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from AdjustFailure:

Thanks for the info.
OK I found the schematic as you said on page 25. Strangely enough, even though mine are not wired up correctly with the right bits, they still work.
I am not experienced with schematics as much as I should be. It looks like the capacitor and resistor are wired in series across that switch?
But I am thinking that cannot be right, I am not reading the schematic correctly.
If there is a photo out there for this series of slingshot wiring if someone could post a link to that?

You are correct, the resistor and capacitor are in series, wired in parallel with the switch. If you look closely at the switch, you will see the terminal where the resistor and capacitor are soldered together is just that, a terminal that doesn't connect to any other parts of the switch.

The slings and pops will work without the resistor and capacitor in place. They just improve the performance of the slings and pops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-to-identify-passive-components-wiring-for-firepower?tu=Schwaggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.