(Topic ID: 223279)

Need help to identify a connector & questions (PotC)

By pinhead_jack

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3714 (resized).JPG
IMG_3713 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

I have a Stern Pirates of the Caribbean machine that I am working on and I need to replace the connector that runs from the power box to the transformer. The power box was totally missing and I have a new one but I don't have the connector wire. The transformer has a 9 pin (3x3) connector with a locking tab on one side and slightly rounded corners inside in two corners. But I am not sure what connector fits into it? I am attaching a couple of photos.

Also, can a PotC owner help me identify which pin is pin 1 (black wire lead) and 7 (white wire lead)? maybe what wire colors they connect to? The wiring schematics in the manual are easy enough to understand (pin 1= black or Hot, pin 2 and 3 jumped together, pin 7 = white or Neutral, pin 8 and 9 jumped) but they don't list the wire colors of the transformer connector. I would like to be positive which pin in the transformer connector is pin 1 and 7 so I align the new one correctly.

Is 18 gauge wire the proper wire to use here or should it be something else (14 gauge)?

I appreciate all the help!

IMG_3713 (resized).JPGIMG_3713 (resized).JPGIMG_3714 (resized).JPGIMG_3714 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

Sold my PotC so sadly can't help you, but I'll bet Great Plains Electronics can identify the connector for you if you send them the pictures.

#3 5 years ago

Thank you for the suggestion zaczj, I will sent them a note.

#4 5 years ago

Just to close the loop on this topic, Ed from Great Plains Electronics came through again. The connector is Molex part number 19-09-2092. The corresponding receptacle would be 19-09-1091. But he let me know that this connector is obsolete and looking at the manual it does not match what they are showing. So I am trading out the receptacle for part number 50-84-2090 and the corresponding connector 50-84-1090, which match what is shown in the PotC manual.

Wanted to close the loop and provide the part numbers in case someone else down the road can ever use the information. And a big thank you to Ed for all your help!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-to-identify-a-connector-amp-questions-potc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.