(Topic ID: 302497)

Need Help: Should a Flip-A-Card be in Tilt when turning it on?

By toebes

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by toebes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I'm making major progress on restoring this Flip-A-Card and am starting the debugging phase. I've got a few other issues to track down, but I'm looking at a machine that displays TILT on power up. After hitting the reset and simulating a ball, the machine seems to work reasonably well and I can activate the tilt mechanisms to TILT it, so I know the tilt switches are working as expected. Before I spend a lot of time tracking this down, is it normal for the machine to power up in TILT?

Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

Yes I am 99% sure it does

#3 2 years ago

Most gottlieb EMs start in tilt mode for some reason until the first ball is played. I've been meaning to figure out a way to mod it to not do that...

#4 2 years ago

Mine does and so does my 1973 Jumping Jack. I think Gottliebs of that era started in Tilt mode.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Mine does and so does my 1973 Jumping Jack. I think Gottliebs of that era started in Tilt mode.

Most excellent. That saves me a lot of debugging time. I'm on to fixing bulbs not sitting well in their sockets and why coins aren't adding games.

Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-should-a-flip-a-card-be-in-tilt-when-turning-it-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.