IMG_7730 (resized).JPG
IMG_7729 (resized).JPG
IMG_7649 (resized).JPG
IMG_7645 (resized).JPG
IMG_7648 (resized).JPG
IMG_7646 (resized).JPG
IMG_7647 (resized).JPG
20180829_212349 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

For the scrolling issue in audit screen, be sure you have the correct wiring connections at j13 and j14. 20180829_212349 (resized).jpg20180829_212349 (resized).jpg

#14 5 years ago

Can you post a picture of the original MPU? I sure would like to see how bad the battery corrosion is on it. If it is not too bad then, it may be worth saving.

#19 5 years ago

Haha...4 updates every 4 hours. Funny.

#23 5 years ago

Uhh...damn!! I was hoping it was some minor damage. One could fix it, but it will take a lot of time and parts. I already have 2 others to work on like that.

Maybe put in a wanted to buy ad for a working System 11B MPU with NO battery corrsoion. Maybe you will get lucky. I personally would stay away from the Rottendog MPU board. Those have a mind of their own.

If you find one, then I would resell this one.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Now I just need to fix that switch!

Did you get that trough switch working and you're playing this Taxi now?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

That's nice, but I would have to replace all of the displays, right?
I found this: https://ksarcade.net/williams-7-digit-numeric-display-c-8364-1.html
which I think would do the trick.

$85 (w/o shipping) just for a single 7 digit plasma display. Wow! That is pricy. You could resell the 16 digit main display for at least $120 and that would offset the LED display set from Marco, assuming you like how the LED displays look. I have a couple of LED displays and I like them since I don't have to worry about the high voltage burning out on the power supply on top of the LED displays will last years. Guess it depends on if you want to keep the game original as possible or not.

1 month later
#44 5 years ago

Time to email Marco about the wrong switch.

#46 5 years ago

Do you have voltage on both coil lugs?

#48 5 years ago

Set meter for VDC and wedge the black meter lead between the ground braid wire and the side of the bottom cabinet. Then use the red meter lead to test each side of the coil. You should see the same voltage on each coil lug. If only one lug has voltage, you have a break in the coil somewhere.

#50 5 years ago

Anytime you are taking voltage measurements, the game has to be on.
Resistance measurements you would want to do with the game off.

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

The coil is brand new, so I would be surprised if the coil is bad.

This is not only just checking to see if the coil is bad, but this help to know that power is even getting to the power bumper at all. Power (thicker gage wire) is daisy chained from one pop bumper to another. So if you don't have power to the one, then you should have a broken power wire coming from one of the other pop bumpers.

#56 5 years ago

Using a wire with a clip on the end to attach to the ground braid wire in the backbox and then briefly touch the top of the transistor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-resurrecting-taxi-?tu=PinballManiac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.