(Topic ID: 178795)

need help repairing a space mission (my first em repair)

By tonycip

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1486004520247711904299 (resized).jpg
0Sp-Mi-Work-11 (resized).jpg
aSp-Mi-Work-09 (resized).jpg
aSp-Mi-Work-10 (resized).jpg
getPart (resized).jpg
getPart (resized).jpg
20161231_093822 (resized).jpg
20161231_102450 (resized).jpg
20161231_092203 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonycip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi All, I got this project space mission and thought it would be fun(well maybe not fun) to repair it. so let me tell you where I'm at.
I cleaned up (un-gummed )all the steppers units cleaned and checked all the scoring reels, cleaned score motor, checked all the fuses. cleaned up the interconnects, readjusted the coin door switches and slam tilt. put it back together turned it on and the gi's lit up hit the start game button (with credits ) and it made some noise the score motor indexed once and the credit subtracted one and the player unit reset.
but none of the score reels moved .
so I went in the back box and manually pushed in the 10's 100's 1000's relay and the reels moved the chimes went off I hit the reset relay by hand and all the appropriate reels moved and stopped at 0. The play field kickers work the moving target is moving although not completely, no flippers no pop bumpers.

20161231_092203 (resized).jpg20161231_092203 (resized).jpg

20161231_102450 (resized).jpg20161231_102450 (resized).jpg

20161231_093822 (resized).jpg20161231_093822 (resized).jpg

getPart (resized).jpggetPart (resized).jpg

getPart (resized).jpggetPart (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

good call both of you I traced the continuity back from the diode bridge to the tilt relay that was good then to the reset relay thats where it stopped the nc contacts were indeed oxidated cleaned up thoese contacts and BAM! it fired up ..mostly some of the scoring reels did not go back all the way to 0 .. if I manually push the reel reset relay the finish.. so what do you think about that . what keeps that energized till they hit 0 ? thanks again

#6 7 years ago

Hi Rolf Thank you for the explanation and drawing, I was looking in the right direction but it was hard to tell what was going on,
the label's are still confusing, like #13 what is imp-a mean? also why is contacts 1 not circled and 12-13-4-are?I understand 11 being make and brake set being circled. Thanks again I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out . I'll report back after I check it out ..

#9 7 years ago

not too good I looked at the drum switches and cleaned up the ones on the 5 impulse reel . but I dont think that helped still looking for switch 9. . it seems that when you start a new game the score reels reset 5 places then stop so I dont think its the drum switched I'm hoping its the 9 switch . I'll pull up the manual tomorrow and try and find it . I looked at the link you posted for me but its for a different machine..?

#10 7 years ago

ok I pulled up the manual and studied it a bit, lots of good info .like what relays have what switches, it was easier then just the schematic only. went back to the reset relay and put on my super magnifying glasses. ( this old age is creeping up on me I guess its too late to figure out what to do with my life. : ) . cleaned up all the switches ( adjusted one)on it and all better !!
Next up the match relay no match lights and and not sure its working , doing to go inspect now thanks again all .

#11 7 years ago

I cleaned up the match relay it was a little gummed up. still had no lights on the match #'s cleaned up the game over relay and changed out the burnt bulbs (hard too believe all of them ) and they light now . but how do I know if the match part works... do I have to wait until it actually matches?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonycip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-repairing-a-space-mission-my-first-em-repair?tu=tonycip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.