(Topic ID: 18494)

Need help removing plastics as the hex bolts just turn...

By shadowflame

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0271.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I have a light out inside one of the pop-bumpers on my Mario Andretti. I think to change a light in a pop-bumper you do it from removing the top of the bumper and access the light that way?

Well, to get to the top of the bumpers, first it looks like I need to remove some of the playfield plastics, however this is where the problem starts. The plastic that I need to remove are held in by hex bolts I think they're called? anyways, when I try to remove them they just turn and turn. They don't come up at all. I can't grab onto the bottom of them either as they go into a post.

I circled the 3 that need to come out and I put a 1 on the pop-bumper that needs a new light, how can i get them out?

IMAG0271.jpgIMAG0271.jpg

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

ypically plastics are held in place by steel acorn speed nuts on Gottlieb games.

True, but this one is being held in by regular hex bolts. The kind you find underneath the playfield. I checked some pics on the IPDB and it looks like those are the ones that go there. I will have to use vice grips or pliers and hold onto the post that they go in and try turning them that way. Though I am not sure it will hold the screw enough to stop it from being loose.

It will be a little awkward because of the wireramp. If it doesn't work I will just find a way to force them out, plastics be damned..

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Can you slide an ignition wrench under the plastic to hold the post so it won't spin

I don't think the post is spinning, it seems the bolt is just spinning inside the post. but it won't just lift out either. Will have to check again tonight or tomorrow night. I WILL get the platics off one way or another..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weyburn, SK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-removing-plastics-as-the-hex-bolts-just-turn?tu=shadowflame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.