(Topic ID: 319360)

Need help re-homing 2 turtles

By Trekkie1978

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.38.01 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.37.49 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.37.38 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.36.28 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.37.25 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.36.56 AM (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

I need help re-homing 2 turtles and a fish.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. I'm located in Central NJ.

They are a year old (maybe 2). You can have everything that comes with it, tank, filter, stand, food, water treatment, etc.

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.36.28 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.36.28 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.36.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.36.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.37.25 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.37.25 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.37.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.37.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.37.49 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.37.49 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.38.01 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.38.01 AM (resized).png
    #2 1 year ago

Hehe...

The pinball Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Premium uses a servo that get's out of alignment and needs to be 're-homed'.

That's what I thought you were talking about!

#3 1 year ago

Trekkie has provided a great environment for these turtles over the past few months. They will be an excellent addition to your home.

#4 1 year ago

I can't help you but that looks like a neat setup. The Turtles have a way to get out of the fish tank and hang out where it's dry. Cool.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I can't help you but that looks like a neat setup. The Turtles have a way to get out of the fish tank and hang out where it's dry. Cool.

It has 2 different lights. Each light has a health benefit for them.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Trekkie has provided a great environment for these turtles over the past few months. They will be an excellent addition to your home.

Thank you for the kind words!

I do what I can for any animal. Unfortunately, I was never in the market for turtles. They just got dumped on me.

#8 1 year ago

Will a pet shop take them,I love turtles and live on a lake,these are common painted turtles I believe and I try to save these and snappers I find crossing streets and roads,I just can’t stand the sight of a cracked shell ,

These animals live all year around in lakes and survive in winter,is that an option?

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from rockrand:

Will a pet shop take them,I love turtles and live on a lake,these are common painted turtles I believe and I try to save these and snappers I find crossing streets and roads,I just can’t stand the sight of a cracked shell ,
    These animals live all year around in lakes and survive in winter,is that an option?

They’re domesticated now. They can’t go back to the wild. They won’t know how to compete for food.

A pet shop will take them and re-home. I’m trying to bypass that step and get them into a loving home.

I did just meet with a Pinsider to show him the turtles.

#11 1 year ago

pet turtle and a corvette as an Avatar.... can't decide on what speed to go ?

good on you ! Always shows a kind heart helping an animal !

#12 1 year ago

Can they be for food consumption?

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

Can they be for food consumption?

I guess….they are small.

#14 1 year ago

Will that glass case fit on top of a modern Stern backbox? How well do they react to constantly hearing their people's theme song over and over?

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Will that glass case fit on top of a modern Stern backbox? How well do they react to constantly hearing their people's theme song over and over?

I don’t have TMNT game!!! That’s hysterical!!!

#16 1 year ago

I hope you find a good home for them.I have soft spot for turtles and well all critters I guess!

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Throw on some zombie head stickers too and you got a TWD topper as well!

GLWTrH OP!

#18 1 year ago

That is one pimped out turtle tank!

#19 1 year ago

Had a small red eared slider when I was 10 that went missing, my mom found it on side of house 20 years later and insisted I take it home for my kids, I released it into the lake and didn’t tell anyone. Two years later someone seen a turtle on a log and reported it in our community newsletter. It’s probably still alive.

#20 1 year ago
    maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg
    #21 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

pet turtle and a corvette as an Avatar.... can't decide on what speed to go ?

A Corvette is the perfect car for a turtle lover... you can't harm them at any speed-- they just get caught up in the front bumper and go along for the ride.

#22 1 year ago

Pinsider who wanted them fell through. I brought them to a local pet shop who said they’ll probably be re-homed in the next couple days.

#23 1 year ago

Everything I learned about turtles can be found right here:

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Everything I learned about turtles can be found right here:

He has an ant farm too.

LTG : )

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Pinsider who wanted them fell through. I brought them to a local pet shop who said they’ll probably be re-homed in the next couple days.

Ocean gallery on 22?

#26 1 year ago

And now for my most down voted post ever on pinside.

But seriously, I hope they find a good home.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

That is pretty offal. I guess the one I found isn't so bad. It is nature.

#28 1 year ago

More things I learned about turtles:

#29 1 year ago

Why all the downvotes on it?

Everything that's alive that we eat...gets killed.

#30 1 year ago

Turtle update: I just spoke to the store where I dropped them off. One of the workers there LOVES turtles. He adopted them.

The 2 little guys live in an outside pond right now with other painted turtles (they are painted turtles). The guy said they are having a blast. Come October, he brings them all in to an inside pond he has set up.

They are in such a better place. I could never do what this guy is doing. I told him how appreciative I am of him for giving those 2 guys a great life.

#31 1 year ago

Good man Trekkie.

People who treat animals with kindness are good people.

Happy to hear you got them what sounds like a super home.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Turtle update: I just spoke to the store where I dropped them off. One of the workers there LOVES turtles. He adopted them.
    The 2 little guys live in an outside pond right now with other painted turtles (they are painted turtles). The guy said they are having a blast. Come October, he brings them all in to an inside pond he has set up.
    They are in such a better place. I could never do what this guy is doing. I told him how appreciative I am of him for giving those 2 guys a great life.

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing the meltdown over giving away the turtles.

#33 1 year ago

Wonderful!

#34 1 year ago

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing the meltdown over giving away the turtles.

And thank you to sataneatscheese…so many great tips and advice on how to take care of the tank, thus, giving the turtles a healthy environment.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-re-homing-2-turtles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.