(Topic ID: 319830)

Need help pricing please

By Bc3

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Thanks in advance for the help - i have a good friend that would like to sell some games and not sure where the market is at.. obviously price is subjective but I’m looking to get into a proper price point for games that are in above average/excellent condition. Please do not dm me because I’m not there yet - no pics etc. please let me know your thoughts.

The games are :

Pin Up
    Terminator 2
    Wizard of Oz
    Medieval Madness
    Monster Bash
    Pirates of the Caribbean

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bc3:

please let me know your thoughts.

Medieval Madness- remake or original ?
    Monster Bash - remake or original
    Pirates - Stern or jjp ?

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Crap. LTG just made my post for me while I was typing.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bc3:

Thanks in advance for the help - i have a good friend that would like to sell some games and not sure where the market is at.. obviously price is subjective but I’m looking to get into a proper price point for games that are in above average/excellent condition. Please do not dm me because I’m not there yet - no pics etc. please let me know your thoughts.
    The games are :
    Pin Up
    Terminator 2
    Wizard of Oz
    Medieval Madness
    Monster Bash
    Pirates of the Caribbean

What did he pay for them, that will give you a starting point. Love these ads that selling someone else's machines, for a friend BS. The guy owns 5 pins but has no clue of the price some more BS

#5 1 year ago

Sorry didn’t put that line in - original games not remakes and stern on pirates

#6 1 year ago

And as far as the BS comment- he knows his games but has some life situations that he’s focusing on - i don’t own the caliber of these games so that’s why i ask-

#7 1 year ago

Wish I were closer! (I kid, I'm about 20 minutes away)

I'd suggest using the market archive to gather some data.

That said, if he wants to sell me Medieval Madness or Monster Bash for $4,000 I'll be right over!

#8 1 year ago

Will do on the market archive but I’m not sure if the market has changed a lot which I’m sure it has to

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bc3:

And as far as the BS comment- he knows his games but has some life situations that he’s focusing on - i don’t own the caliber of these games so that’s why i ask-

Condition, Condition, condition.
    MM and MB, 7-8 k each.
    POC , 6-7 k.
    T2 - probably 5k.
    Woz, 10-12k depending if it's fully working, 2.0 lights, gevea mods, etc. What version is it?
    Pinside Market place is not very accurate anymore. Usually about 10-20% to low.
    Most sell game and don't donate especially the greedy one's that sell a high end game and can't donate $25 bucks on a 12k sale.

#10 1 year ago

Interesting that original MB & MM have dropped so much - have the remakes killed original values? Again - i realize that everyone has an opinion on value but i thought those originals were still worth quite a bit more. These games are upper end condition for arguments sake

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Condition, Condition, condition.
    MM and MB, 7-8 k each.
    POC , 6-7 k.
    T2 - probably 5k.
    Woz, 10-12k depending if it's fully working, 2.0 lights, gevea mods, etc. What version is it?
    Pinside Market place is not very accurate anymore. Usually about 10-20% to low.
    Most sell game and don't donate especially the greedy one's that sell a high end game and can't donate $25 bucks on a 12k sale.

I think you mean the suggested range. The archives should be pretty telling though for the last few months no?

OP, pay attention to prices that sold quickly and those higher priced pins that did not sell.

#12 1 year ago

Nice originals will get him $10K+ no problem.

#13 1 year ago

remakes took a toll on the B/W originals but i don’t think that much. Certainly hurt them 7 years ago when they were 12+k games and remakes could be had for way less. There is still a demographic who prefers an original and considering there are no active FS ads for MM in the marketplace i would be it would garner some attention. I’m not a price pumper nor the price police but i do think the originals, especially in nice condition, will command a higher price. That said if you listed either for 7k they would be halfway down the road before you hit save to post the ad haha.

If you look at archives you can tell which ads are contributing to the average. Ones that say not sold won’t (tho oddly are never still in the person’s collection) nor will ones that say sold (amount undisclosed). This could be because they were fishing and came up dry (25k? Sure..). Or they wanted to avoid the fees like eric said.

The ones that say sold (amount private) do. Just you dont know the actual price. It really is only the business of the buyer and seller, but does make it difficult to know wat games REALLY sell for. I’ve even seen people disclose a price lower than what i know it sold for my if someone i know bought it. Maybe just embarrassed at what they sold it for / paid for it. It has zero to do with the pinside fees, that is a fixed $ based on game tier.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bc3:

Interesting that original MB & MM have dropped so much - have the remakes killed original values? Again - i realize that everyone has an opinion on value but i thought those originals were still worth quite a bit more. These games are upper end condition for arguments sake

You can always start High, no response, slowly lower.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-pricing-please- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.