6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180214_090140 (resized).jpg
    20180214_090212 (resized).jpg
    20180214_090203 (resized).jpg
    20180214_091228 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Im looking for someone to help prep my stargate scans so i can simply print onto water slide decals. Or even offer (for a fee) to print the decals on a color laser jet (I only have a B&W). i have no experience with photoshop or similar programs when it comes to cleaning or resizing. any help would be great.
    thanks
    blake

#2 6 years ago

Here's the general instructions to put the individual scans together in photoshop:

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Then the scanned images were merged with photoshop using file > automate > photomerge. Select the "reposition" option so that the images don't get curved or distorted like with a set of panoramic images. If the images don't line up properly, use the "interactive layout" option and position them manually--photoshop will take care of the stiching when the photos are close enough together.

And a general walkthrough of the overall process:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-touchdown-playfield-repairs-with-waterslide-decals

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here's the general instructions to put the individual scans together in photoshop:

And a general walkthrough of the overall process:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-touchdown-playfield-repairs-with-waterslide-decals

thanks and I appreciate the info and may even dabble in it. But I would feel more comfortable having someone more seasoned complete this task as I am hoping to simply print and apply.
    Thanks
    Blake

#4 6 years ago

here are the problem areas. there not worn to wood, just paint lifted during mylar removal. you might recall these from an old post i made a couple years ago.
    thanks
    blake

20180214_091228 (resized).jpg20180214_091228 (resized).jpg

20180214_090203 (resized).jpg20180214_090203 (resized).jpg

20180214_090212 (resized).jpg20180214_090212 (resized).jpg

20180214_090140 (resized).jpg20180214_090140 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Are there any scans of an actual playfield?

I could TRY to help on a section.

No promises. How tight is the deadline?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=20962

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

i have some high res scans. i reached out to forceflow and he was gracious enough to offer his help. i appreciate the contact and will get in touch if necessary.
    thanks again
    blake

#8 6 years ago

Oh I thought this was a Stern thread

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

Oh I thought this was a Stern thread

HEY O!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-preparing-images-for-waterslide-decals?hl=lovelycoconuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.