Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pintechev
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ToM sw#87.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I picked up a very nice Threatre of Magic and nearly finished going through and tuning it up.

I need help with a few ToM things....

1. On start up "Check Switch #87 Left Lane Exit". Which switch is Left lane Exit?
2. Is it normal when I have a ball in vanish and shoot second ball around outer orbit (right) it gives me the vanish ball too (like a two ball multi-ball)??
3. When I shoot a ball in to the basement sometimes it does not register. I have tested the switch and it's intermittent. Is this a common issue?
4. When ejecting balls from the basement frequently the basement door opens then closes and then opens and ejects ball.
5. Basement door is VERY squeaky. Normal?

I'm so friggin' glad I picked up this Theatre of Magic. It's my wife and daughter's fave game. I scored big on this one.
Thanks for all your expert help.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

On start up "Check Switch #87 Left Lane Exit". Which switch is Left lane Exit?

Look at the playfield switch diagram in the manual. The switch wire could be stuck against a side of the slot hole.

Quoted from chuckcasey:

When I shoot a ball in to the basement sometimes it does not register. I have tested the switch and it's intermittent. Is this a common issue?

Check all the solder connections. Check the header pins for the switch...they could be dirty and cause intermittent issues.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

1. On start up "Check Switch #87 Left Lane Exit". Which switch is Left lane Exit?

It's the switch all the way over on the left that says "exit" above the switch. Go into switch test and manually test the switch and see if it works.

Quoted from chuckcasey:

2. Is it normal when I have a ball in vanish and shoot second ball around outer orbit (right) it gives me the vanish ball too (like a two ball multi-ball)??

Yes it's a 2 ball multiball. Shoot for the captive ball

Quoted from chuckcasey:

3. When I shoot a ball in to the basement sometimes it does not register. I have tested the switch and it's intermittent. Is this a common issue?

Probably a flaky switch, check the switch in switch test manually and see what it does

Do the same with question #4

Quoted from chuckcasey:

5. Basement door is VERY squeaky. Normal?

Yeah they all are a bit squeaky lol

Congrats on theatre it's a killer game I just picked up one again recently also

#4 4 years ago

Thanks guys.

I have tested the basement switch in test. It's intermittent. I'll do more test tonight. Sounds like its specifically not a normal issue ToM.

Switch #87 sounds like the "EXIT" lane but its not. I will check again. I understand what you mean about being "stuck" - I'll keep hunting for the switch and expect it to be shut.

There were a half dozen other switches and stuff that needed adjustment. maybe I over adjusted one of them.

Love the game when my wife lets me play.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Switch #87 sounds like the "EXIT" lane but its not.

Page 2-43 in the manual:

ToM sw#87.jpg

#6 4 years ago

BINGO !! Thanks zaza. You put me on easy street. I really need to get use to this pin. It's my first Bally's.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

It's my first Bally.

Soon there will be many more.

#8 4 years ago

Okay, easy peasy fixing #87 tonight.

The basement still is not sensing the ball when dropped into the basement. Ball goes in, ToM goes in to a find ball cycle three times and finally on the forth try kicks a ball out. When using the switch test, the basement switch consistently works after a small adjustment. It all most feels like the basement door opens but the ball eject doesn't trigger.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Okay, easy peasy fixing #87 tonight.
The basement still is not sensing the ball when dropped into the basement. Ball goes in, ToM goes in to a find ball cycle three times and finally on the forth try kicks a ball out. When using the switch test, the basement switch consistently works after a small adjustment. It all most feels like the basement door opens but the ball eject doesn't trigger.

Replace the switches. It's cheap and they shouldn't need continuous adjustment to function.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside