• Goldeneye for 1700 10 votes
    14%
  • Jurassic Park for 1850 45 votes
    64%
  • TFTC for 2100 15 votes
    21%

(70 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

177598.jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Back to the choices:

GE for 1700, HUO past 6 years unknown beyond that. Pretty good shape overall
JP for 1850. Topper is there, LED's installed, also pretty good shape.
or TFTC for 2100. Previously routed, LEDs, cliffys installed, playfield decent, cabinet a little worn.

Come on guys!!! Hook a brother up with some opinions

#2 5 years ago

Is GE Goldeneye?

#3 5 years ago

Yep it is

#4 5 years ago

JP would be my choice. It as a shaker motor, some good shots.....definetly a family oriented pin and for some of your friends that know squat about pinball. The GE has the satellite shot going for it and the 5 ball multiball (also on JP). TFTC is nice too but overall if I were to pick...

1. JP
2. TFTC
3. GE

Downsides: All thes games have parts that are not readily atteinable....specifically plastics for JP and GE

#5 5 years ago

Slid a poll in on me...I'd go TFTC

*Disclaimer...have never played Goldeneye

#6 5 years ago

Doesn't TFTC have a shaker motor too? TFTC for me

#7 5 years ago

Does TFTC have any gimmicks/toys like the other two?

#8 5 years ago

Also, remember the price differences in the three.

#9 5 years ago

JP all day! Best value and game in the bunch!

#10 5 years ago

Personally I'd go with JP. I've walked away from a cheap/needing work Goldeneye and a good-priced nice Goldeneye because I just couldn't get into the gameplay. And although I wanted to like TFTC because I have past memories of playing it, when I went back to it, I just couldn't get into it. Plus the cackling got old quick. JP has lack of plastics, but more mods and upcoming new code. Good luck either way!

#11 5 years ago

I would buy the GE... Can't stand JP.

#12 5 years ago

Thanks for all the responses so far guys!

Another question, do all three have wizard modes?

#13 5 years ago

I know JP & TFTC do.

JP = System Shutdown
TFTC = Crypt Jam

(JP is one of my fav's)

Not sure about GE.

#14 5 years ago

I don't know about the other 2, but JP has System Failure (which is after triggering all 9 modes) as well as Tri-Ball (which is basically in every game but you can advance it for Jackpot, light CHAOS, and keep going for super jackpots.)

#15 5 years ago

It's a bit of a gamble, but there may be a rules update (similar to DE Star Wars) for JP sometime soon. Will make this game even more attractive. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-rules

#16 5 years ago

JP is the best value of the bunch and if you find that you don't like it you should be able to sell it in a heartbeat for what you paid for it.

#17 5 years ago

JP followed by GE and then TFTC

#18 5 years ago

Hey guys just updating that I appreciate the feedback so far, keep it going. I'm starting to come closer to a decision.

#19 5 years ago

Update:

Goldeneye now dropped to 1550

Had lunch with wife and she added in NIB stern game as an option.....NOW WHAT?!?!
One of the three above of or a NIB Stern?

Doubt I could pull a WOZ, but maybe.

#20 5 years ago

AC/DC or Star Trek

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Had lunch with wife and she added in NIB stern game as an option.....NOW WHAT?!?!

First thing you do is get rid of the wife!!! Any wife that suggest a NIB pin is up to no good! Protect yourself man!!!!

#22 5 years ago

That is a really good price on JP.

#23 5 years ago

If you like gore blood guts ect tftc is awesome keeper even commits suicide blows his brain out with a gun lol remember nib is twice the price and then some

#24 5 years ago

TFTC all the way ,,then JP then GE...............the electric chair multiball on TFTC is awesome

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

First thing you do is get rid of the wife!!! Any wife that suggest a NIB pin is up to no good! Protect yourself man!!!!

So I've never had a NIB, is it a bad idea?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from wolowizard:

TFTC all the way ,,then JP then GE...............the electric chair multiball on TFTC is awesome

What is special about the electric chair multiball??? I'll see the pin on sunday but am not familar with it.

#27 5 years ago

So I've never had a NIB, is it a bad idea?

The question at this point is do you want two of the pins that you have listed or 1 NIB? I would slow down a little and figure out what pin you really want to keep long term. Try to play each one of them and see which one YOU like.

#28 5 years ago

I just get tired of feeling like im going to get ripped off when buying used. I only see and play what I can in a limited time and then find new problems when I get home.

I would slow down but I already lost the goldeneye pin to someone else, I have the weekend to decide on the other two......it just feels easier to buy NIB and have something nice and enjoyable. A lot of those newer pins are highly rated, unfortunately I don't have anywhere around here to try them.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

The question at this point is do you want two of the pins that you have listed or 1 NIB?

The number I have doesn't bother me, just want a good fun one that I can enjoy with buddies when drinking. And I don't care about the price difference between a JP and a ST pro or LE for example.

#30 5 years ago

It would be good to get some people that bought stern NIB's opinions, come on guys!!

#31 5 years ago

Here is a thought If the wife says new stern you say those are 8K. I could buy all three of these and get out for under 6K

Now that is a happy ending.

I think JP and TFTC are great games

Golden eye is fun but to me is more sought by collectors of 007 or Sega more than hard core pinball lovers.

at the prices mentioned condition mentioned considered I would go with JP.

Mostly up to personal preference.

Great fun can be had at many pricing tiers I say go bang for your buck. If room is like money and is no object then go buck wild.

#32 5 years ago

And remember, just cause its NIB doesnt mean that you wont have issues.

#33 5 years ago

If you don't buy JP soon you will miss out and will be kicking yourself. It's an easy game to resell.

#34 5 years ago

best chance of getting ripped off is a NIB...

#35 5 years ago

As someone who is about to buy a NIB, I would suggest that you can't beat buying something from 1990 to 1995 when pinball was at its peak. Many of those machines would probably sell for $8000 if made new today. (In some sense MMr validates that statement.) There has to be something really special (like you are a huge AC/DC fan) to justify the price of a NIB.

#36 5 years ago

It would be good to get some people that bought stern NIB's opinions, come on guys!!

I bought a NIB Avengers and it was very cool. However I don't think I would do it again. I love the game & it will be the last to leave. But it was far from plug & play. The value isn't what I paid for it just 1 yr later (even though I'm not selling) to where if I waited 1yr I could have saved about $1,400. But at least I'm not waiting for code like other people who bought other titles.

#37 5 years ago

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I just see the NIB prices for pro's on Amazon for 4,995 and this that isn't too bad. I believe there was even a premium Transformers for 6,500. If I could find a ST premium for that I think I will pull the trigger. I'm also starting to feel that I need to say F it and get the JP since most people think that is an amazing deal.

#38 5 years ago

Electric chair round on tftc machine shakes,six ball multiball,animation is the guy in the electric chair getting shocked until his eyes burst with blood when you make the shot!!!gruesome!!!!!!

#39 5 years ago

I would go with the JP too. It seems like a fair deal for that title. If you really decide later that you want a NIB, you could always sell the JP (you could sell it at least for the price that you paid for it) and buy a NIB then.

#40 5 years ago

My NIB Stern had issues. Most things have been fixed by myself. One issue is ongoing. If you can't do simple repairs yourself, you may have issues with a NIB. Might be better off buying a HUO that's already debugged and dialed in. No shame there.

#41 5 years ago

Here's what ya do,

Make a double-deal and have them kick you some money off on JP & TFTC and snag both of them. I actually have a "best of DE' 93" lineup currently with JP,TFTC, LAH, and R&B. All fantastic games, and at the end of the day you're going to have to get comfortable with working on your games whether you buy NIB or used so jump right in the deep end & learn to swim

177598.jpg

#42 5 years ago

And while you are swimming in the deep end, pinside is a great resource to help when you get in a pinch. They have helped me out a few different times for sure!

#43 5 years ago

Did I mention I work for Intel and have done engineering for years? Plus I was in electronics repair in the Navy? Repairing problems on a pin will be no problem

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Here's what ya do,
Make a double-deal and have them kick you some money off on JP & TFTC and snag both of them. .....

Agreed pick two of the three, haggle the price down for a package deal. Play both decide which one is the keeper, sell the other one and put the money towards an NIB STar Trek.

#45 5 years ago

I would but they're are different sellers

#46 5 years ago

If a NIB is an option I would go with Metallica pro or Star Trek depending on what you like!

#47 5 years ago

I just get tired of feeling like im going to get ripped off when buying used. I only see and play what I can in a limited time and then find new problems when I get home.
I would slow down but I already lost the goldeneye pin to someone else, I have the weekend to decide on the other two......it just feels easier to buy NIB and have something nice and enjoyable. A lot of those newer pins are highly rated, unfortunately I don't have anywhere around here to try them.

You should have jumped on that Goldeneye for that price

#48 5 years ago

I actually had the guy down to 1550 but he gave me a two hour window to pick it up and when you're in the middle of an engineering project at Intel there's no way to leave

#49 5 years ago

Yeah I really like the look of ST and am going to play one tomorrow. I did just get an amazing offer on a Transformers LE combo NIB that looks like I shouldn't pass it up. What's the feelings on that pin?

#50 5 years ago

I just got a tfle a couple weeks ago. I like it. But it is definitely in the "needs dialed in" category of pins. But sounds like you may be up for that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Dundee, IL
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside