10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Quench
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 months ago

I am very much a beginner. So this may be a very dumb question. I dont have the manual for my Jacks to Open pinball (1984).

A couple of the bulbs will not illuminate. I have changed bulbs and twisted around on the socket etc.

My next thought is to replace the socket.

Is there a specific type I need? Are they interchangable? Is there a part number or a supplier for this item? Seems there must be, but i am not sure where to start.

#3 10 months ago

thanks trilogy.

Appreciate the link!

#4 10 months ago

Other types of bayonet lamp sockets can be found by typing “ miniature bayonet socket “ in the search at pinballlife.com.

#5 10 months ago

I see that.

Is the difference between type 1 and type 2 just relate to the bulb size?

To replace this, it seems you simply need to solder a wire to the socket is all

I also notice some wire that appears to be soldered to the socket where the socket is attached to the bottom of the playfield. Guessing that still need to do this?

#6 10 months ago
    Quoted from dsupica:

I see that.
    Is the difference between type 1 and type 2 just relate to the bulb size?
    To replace this, it seems you simply need to solder a wire to the socket is all
    I also notice some wire that appears to be soldered to the socket where the socket is attached to the bottom of the playfield. Guessing that still need to do this?

The miniature bayonet sockets are for the same size bulbs #44 or #47. The 1 lead or 2 lead refers to the number of leads (wire mounts) on the sockets. To replace just solder in wires and yes the wire that is soldered at the base of the socket needs to be soldered back on as well. I like to put a little solder on the socket before installing in the game, it just makes it a little easier to get the wires soldered when it is in position on the game.

#7 10 months ago

Great. I see. Yes, I notice that a few of the lamp sockets have two wires going to them. No these would require a 2 lead socket.

thank you.

Have a blessed week ahead.

#8 10 months ago
    Quoted from dsupica:

I dont have the manual for my Jacks to Open pinball (1984).

FYI, A couple of the game specific tech info pictures from the manual are here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lf-jack-to-open-tech-chart-info#post-5974226

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside