(Topic ID: 294430)

Need help on 1976 pin

By big-c66

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have a 1976 jukebox pinball machine that was given to me they said it used to play for awhile then wouldn’t so it sat in a house for 9-10 years so I’ve got it coming on lights and all when u hit the start button there’s a wheel looking mechanism that just keeps turning n turning it says on the inside it’s a cam all I done is fixed the power cord dropped a quarter in and all the scores turned n reset to zero n the cam wheel just turns n turns any idea what is going on n how to start fixing it thanks

#2 2 years ago

Also I have a video of it but I don’t know how to upload it on here

#3 2 years ago

you can't upload a video directly to pinside.

you can upload one to youtube, vimeo, or a file sharing site and stick the link to it in a post.

first thing to do is find why the score motor stays running. There's:
- coin relay
- outhole relay
- right chute relay
- anti-cheat relay
- start relay
- 3000 relay on board under playfield - may be hard to see if it's powered

and a couple other possibilities. Hopefully your machine has all it's labels and you can lift the playfield and see which of those relays is powered while the score motor is running.

the schematic for the game is downloadable from ipdb.org

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

... when u hit the start button there’s a wheel looking mechanism that just keeps turning n turning it says on the inside it’s a cam all I done is fixed the power cord dropped a quarter in and all the scores turned n reset to zero n the cam wheel just turns n turns any idea what is going on n how to start fixing it thanks

That "cam wheel" is the start motor and one of the switches within a circuit that provides power to it is probably staying closed when it shouldn't be. Per the prior post, you need to get yourself a schematic copy and manually check all the switches that should normally be open in the applicable circuits. Many times this is one of the score reel switches.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-on-1976-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.