Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

My left gopher will pop up but immediately fall back down. He won't stay up. When you shoot the left ramp to pop him up he should stay up but he falls fast the first half way back down and then slowly falls the rest of the way. It doesn't matter when he pops up he just goes back down slowly fast half the way then finishes the rest of the way slowly falling. Any info on how to fix this and get him to stay up when he's supposed to would be appreciated. I'm new to pins so any advice on how to fix and if parts are needed what do I need to get. Thanks!!

#2 10 years ago

Good thing you have two gofers.

Power off, balls out of the game. Lean playfield up and back against the head.

Push the good gofer up, see how it latches. Push the good one up, see what is bent, broken, stapled, or mutilated so it doesn't latch.

A little studying and you should figure what needs replacing or fixing.

LTG : )™

#3 10 years ago

Sounds like your left gopher is half fast.

#4 10 years ago

I suggest you grab the manual and check out the gopher assembly. I had to need with a gopher when I had it same issue. There is a wire latch that hooks him in the up position if that is bent it can cause the issue. There are also several springs in the mech make sure none are missing or bent/ tangled.

#5 10 years ago

Ok I will check all those out that you guys have mentioned. Thanks for the quick responses. Much appreciated!!!
I'll get back and tell if any of those options worked or not. Thanks again!

#6 10 years ago

I will place bets on you lost a residual plate. (This will likely be your gopher falling issue.)

As for the moving slowly this machine is a little bit of a bear to get at. You need to replace or clean the plunger and sleeve for the gopher up solenoid. (This should fix the up down sluggishness.)

#7 10 years ago

Just so you know you can easily remove the assembly 4-6 screws and a connector . Take it out and work on it. If you dismantle take care to put everything back in the correct order . Take pics if needed

#8 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help!! I got her fixed!! I took the whole left gopher assembly out and took that apart and the problem ended up being on the plunger. The plunger is long so it is connected by 2 pieces and in the middle of the plunger where the 2 pieces come together there is a little hole where a metal pin sticks in there I believe to hold it together. Anyways the metal pin was sticking out just enough to catch and rub against the sleeve of the solenoid so I jammed it back in and works flawlessly. I love learning how to fix this stuff so thanks again for all the help!!!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

there is a little hole where a metal pin sticks in there I believe to hold it together.

That is a roll pin.

LTG : )™

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
4,800 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-no-good-gofers-gopher-pops-up-but-falls-immediately and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.