Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by sbmania
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Working on a Mars God of War. Its got a brand new MPU and new connector between the MPU and driver board. It seems to be working correctly except that at game over, the game plays the speech (Battle is over, Mars is Supreme) but the sound effect which should then play and slowly fade out does not play at all. All other sounds and speech appear to play correctly and at the correct times during the game. Any suggestions on where to look? Appreciate any help! Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

No System 80 experts out there? I'm at a loss here with the missing game over sound. I noticed I don't get a response for S16 when testing but I don't know if Mars uses s16. Anybody?

#4 1 year ago

I have a rottendog MPU I put in a Haunted house, and it also won’t play end of game sound. Everything else works just fine. The game keeps playing the in game background sound forever.

Lucky for me I have multiple machines, as sound issues can be tough on system 80.

The sound board was good, driver board was good, all connectors were good. When I swapped back in an original known working MPU everything worked ok. And the end game tune played fine.

So, I don’t know how the software is written in the rottendog. I was hoping that possibly this problem was only with HH. And I could use this MPU in another game. But it sounds like there might be more games impacted.

#5 1 year ago

You might try turning dip switch 25 on. I have read that even though 25 is not used, if it is off, sometimes the sound continues when it shouldn't.
This MPU is a Rottendog also, so maybe they don't work 100% correctly.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside