Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20131221_000533.jpg
IMG_20131221_000556.jpg
image-530.jpg
image.jpg
DW_PLASTICS.png
DW plastics.jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I'm trying to get some clear plastics made for my DW restore and have traced the plastics but they need to be in a CAD file to work for the cutter. Can anyone help me out with this?

-Taylor

Attached is a copy of what I have and the plastics that need to be made.

DW plastics.jpgDW plastics.jpg

#2 10 years ago

The slings actually need to be increased for protectors. The tracing is of the actual sling and I'd like them to overhang by 1/8" .

#3 10 years ago

What format? Dwg, dxf, step? Pm me your email and I'll send you what I've got.

#4 10 years ago

They need to drawn with hairlines. EPS,CDR,DWG files work well.

#5 10 years ago

If it didn't have all of the funky ass curves I would offer to help. If you get desperate, let me know and we can fool around with it.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

They need to drawn with hairlines. EPS,CDR,DWG files work well.

Thanks. I can do dwg just fine. Any line width prefered, or as thin as possible?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If it didn't have all of the funky ass curves I would offer to help. If you get desperate, let me know and we can fool around with it.

Thanks for the offer. I'm headed to Mt. Pleasant for T-giving. Any place to play down that way?

Quoted from djblouw:

Thanks. I can do dwg just fine. Any line width prefered, or as thin as possible?

Thank you guys for your help.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Thin as possible or hairline preferred

#9 10 years ago

CAD lines/arcs/splines/polylines don't have a 'thinkness' as far as the data is concerned. They're just a point to point kind of thing.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

CAD lines/arcs/splines/polylines don't have a 'thinkness' as far as the data is concerned. They're just a point to point kind of thing.

i think it may have to do with the file they are saved as…but then again I got stuck tracing a plastic like my 2nd grader .

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thanks for the offer. I'm headed to Mt. Pleasant for T-giving. Any place to play down that way?

Not really. Games are scattered about.

Here are the ones charleston gamerooms currently has routed:

RECOVERY ROOM - DEMOLITION MAN & TOMMY
LOCAL 616 - TERMINATOR 3
PLANET FOLLYWOOD - SOPRANOS
JUANITA GREENBURGS - INDEPENDENCE DAY
TATTOOED MOOSE - FUNHOUSE
JAMES ISLAND PIZZA - PARTY ZONE
JAMES ISLAND CINEMAS, - VIPER
GLOZONE - SOUTH PARK
DOG & DUCK, MT PLEASANT - MONOPOLY

#12 10 years ago

TaylorVA, I'm knocking this out for you. Almost done. Just keep in mind that I'm merely tracing your traces!

#13 10 years ago

This is the best I can do without spending a bunch of time on it. Link to the dwg file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0915t0gdsxxqo7v/DW_PLASTICS.dwg
Hope it helps.

DW_PLASTICS.pngDW_PLASTICS.png

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Not really. Games are scattered about.
Here are the ones charleston gamerooms currently has routed:
RECOVERY ROOM - Demolition Man & TOMMY
LOCAL 616 - Terminator 3
PLANET FOLLYWOOD - SOPRANOS
JUANITA GREENBURGS - Independence Day
TATTOOED MOOSE - Funhouse
JAMES ISLAND PIZZA - Party Zone
JAMES ISLAND CINEMAS, - VIPER
GLOZONE - South Park
DOG & DUCK, MT PLEASANT - Monopoly

thanks

Quoted from SPeD66:

This is the best I can do without spending a bunch of time on it. Link to the dwg file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0915t0gdsxxqo7v/DW_PLASTICS.dwg
Hope it helps. DW_PLASTICS.png 224 KB

Thanks, djblouw also made me a file to use. I just need to convert it to an EPS file.

Really appreciate everyone that took the time to work on this with me. One thing I have found over the years doing restorations is how the greatest resource we have is each other. I always try to help out when I can I always feel that the return I get from the pinball community is 10 fold.

I am a bit down on the hobby right now as it seems the fun has been replaced with bickering and dollar signs so its nice to have so many step up willing to give a hand, feeling refreshed a bit.

Thanks a ton.
-Taylor

1 week later
#15 10 years ago

Huge thank you to everyone that helped knock these out.

Quick rundown on how it went down....

Realized clear plastics looked like shit compared to my new DW ramps so needed some made,

Sent a message to Joe at Lasserific asking if he could make them.
He said yes but needed something other than just a scan of some tracings I did.
Posted here for a CAD file and sent the tracings to dJblouw
He created a DWG file.
Sent the file to Joe but he couldn't use that format and needed it converted to EPS.
My wife's friend was in town to run a marathon and was staying with us, she is a photographer that uses adobe products so emailed her the DWG file and she converted it to EPS.
EPS file sent to Joe.
Package in the mail yesterday, voila!!!!

First pic shows the old plastics and new ones.
Second pic shows how spot on they are.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-530.jpgimage-530.jpg
#16 10 years ago

They look good, glad I could help out.

#17 10 years ago

Since there has been such a response to this I am doing these sets for $15.00 shipped US only.

[email protected] is my PP email, make sure your proper shipping address is included in the PP info.

Thanks
Joe

#18 10 years ago

Awesome.

#19 10 years ago

All orders have been sent out, I have 4 sets left.

#20 10 years ago

PP sent! Thanks.

#21 10 years ago

Those look spiffy. PM sent.

#22 10 years ago

Money sent, thanks!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Since there has been such a response to this I am doing these sets for $15.00 shipped US only.
[email protected] is my PP email, make sure your proper shipping address is included in the PP info.
Thanks
Joe

You should do this kind of product for other games such as BoP, DE Star Wars, Space Station etc. Especially the older games like these where the chances of new plastic sets arn't likely to be reproduced and people need to take care of what they have.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You should do this kind of product for other games such as BoP, DE Star Wars, Space Station etc. Especially the older games like these where the chances of new plastic sets arn't likely to be reproduced and people need to take care of what they have.

I can do these no problem, I just need the drawings for them. ** If you need plastics cut and you have the drawings for them send them to [email protected] **

Also all orders have been filled and I made 10 more sets if anyone else is interested.

#25 10 years ago

I knew these would be popular.

#26 10 years ago

My DW came missing a plastic which was hand reproduced. Having one clear plastic made the other yellowed out "clear" plastics look particularly disgusting.

This will be great. Thanks!

#27 10 years ago

I want to thank Joe for the set of clear DW plastics! I paid him yesterday afternoon, the plastics just arrived and look great! Happy Thanksgiving and keep up the good work!

Brad

#28 10 years ago

I made more sets if anyone is interested. You can PP me at [email protected] $15 total

Thanks
Joe

#29 10 years ago

Got mine, thanks! Just finished a DW restoration and it was disheartening to put the old yellowed out plastics back on. But, no longer! Thanks again.

#30 10 years ago

Someone needs to remake the expander plastic on top.

#31 10 years ago

Any sets left? Want to know before I send money!

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Any sets left? Want to know before I send money!

yes.. [email protected] is my PP $15.00

#34 10 years ago

Payment sent!

#35 10 years ago

All orders filled and mailed out.

Thanks
Joe

#36 10 years ago

Joe, do you have the ability to print on the plastics or just to cut them out? I need new plastics for my flip a card and was thinking about scanning them in and recreating them but really don't know how to get the graphic on the plastic the best way.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Joe, do you have the ability to print on the plastics or just to cut them out? I need new plastics for my flip a card and was thinking about scanning them in and recreating them but really don't know how to get the graphic on the plastic the best way.

I do no printing at all. The reason is that I can't get into trouble cutting shapes, the art is up to you . There are many here that know how to print onto these plastics, search the site.

#39 10 years ago

Came in the mail today. Nice work and fast shipping! Now to find time to pull the playfield and install my new ramps that have been sitting in my closet for 3 months.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Came in the mail today. Nice work and fast shipping! Now to find time to pull the playfield and install my new ramps that have been sitting in my closet for 3 months.

The subway is a bitch. I riveted it but using screws will save you some sanity

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The subway is a bitch. I riveted it but using screws will save you some sanity

My subway is in perfect shape as is, so I'm leaving it and once I get my new topside ramps on, I will probably clean and flame polish the old set and bundle them on E-pay with the new subway and see what I get.

#42 10 years ago

WCS 94 Header Kick plastic. Anyone else besides me need one of these?

#43 10 years ago

Just ordered a set. Don't know how I missed this earlier.

#44 10 years ago

Just ordered a set, thanks for making these!

#45 10 years ago

Hoping there is still a set available. PM sent.

#46 10 years ago

Great work Joe.They look really good. Taylor, cant wait to see more of your restore

#47 10 years ago

I got these installed in Doctor Who last night. They look good but I needed to trim down the right side of the clear plastic otherwise it rubbed the side of the cabinet. I just filed it down and it came out great. Here is a comparison old vs. new. One thing I couldn't get done was drilling and un-riveting the small rectangular piece under the ramp. I don't have a rivet press.IMG_20131221_000556.jpgIMG_20131221_000556.jpgIMG_20131221_000533.jpgIMG_20131221_000533.jpg

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

Great work Joe.They look really good. Taylor, cant wait to see more of your restore

Me too. Been busy with some other stuff but hope to hit it hard once the new year gets rolling.

1 week later
#49 10 years ago

I got a set of these and they look great! Can't seem to find where the small rectangular piece goes. Can someone share a pic?

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from PH_Mark:

I got a set of these and they look great! Can't seem to find where the small rectangular piece goes. Can someone share a pic?

its riveted to two L brackets. Its a ball trap. Haven't put mine on yet so can't tell you were it goes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-making-a-cad-file and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.