(Topic ID: 142213)

need help in pricing

By mary_bzbee

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

hey guys,
    My husband passed away few months ago and he loved pinball. But the machine he left behind just remind me of him so I'm trying to sell them but don't wanna get ripped off for selling it too cheap so I'm trying to see what I should sell them for. My husband's games are mostly all collector quality or home use only so I've been told by him many times.
    These are the games: conditions for the machines are what my friend told me to write for each game
    1. Indiana Jones Adventure - home use, clear coated
    2. Star Trek Next Generation - collector, clear coated
    3. Adams Family - collector, clear coated
    4. No Good Gofers - home use
    5. Lord of the Rings - home use
    Thanks in advance.

#2 8 years ago

Sorry to hear about your loss. Seems this is happening all too often these days.

#3 8 years ago

Sorry for your loss. If they are all nice examples you are looking at north of $20K easy for all five.

#4 8 years ago

On the low end No Good Gophers goes from 2.5-4k depending on condition and Indiana Jones is probably the higher priced at 4.5k and up.

#5 8 years ago

Here is a useful site to get you an iverall idea of price.

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay_0515_4.htm

#6 8 years ago

Indiana Jones - $6k
    STTNG - $5k
    Addams Family - $6k
    No Good Gofers - $3k
    LOTR - $5k

Prices are based on what I've seen posted here and how you described the condition, they aren't spot on but I'd say they're pretty close +/- a bit.

#7 8 years ago

1. Inform yourself of prices, do not trust any buyer to do it for your, you will be lied to.

Look at ebay close listting (where the pinball actually sold) you are looking for "completed items", search each machine; this will give you a general idea.

Also go here https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100
    Select your pinball machine and it will take you to a seperate page on the right you will see a price estimate.

2. Don't be in a rush to sell them, if you're in a rush you will be at a disadvantage.

3. Take cash only, no PayPal, no checks.

4. Unless you're in a real big rush,avoid trying to sell them all together, you'll lose thousands.

#8 8 years ago

If the condition is really that nice with cc playfields. You are looking at $25k -$30k and maybe more. If you could post pictures, that would help us evaluate.

Ebay is not a great place to check prices for what has sold. I've gotten some unbelievable deals on ebay and others overpay so it's all over the map.

#9 8 years ago

Sorry for your loss. As wantdataeast said, cash only and don't sell as a group. Or if you sell them as a group be sure they are priced appropriately. If a buyer has to ship a game it's often just as cheap to ship 2 games instead of just one. So in those cases a group sale would probably be ok. But beware there are scumbags everywhere

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Indiana Jones - $6k
    STTNG - $5k
    Addams Family - $6k
    No Good Gofers - $3k
    LOTR - $5k
    Prices are based on what I've seen posted here and how you described the condition, they aren't spot on but I'd say they're pretty close +/- a bit.

What he said! I know prices and he's right on the money.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-in-pricing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.