Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter 16 (resized).png
ScreenHunter 159 (resized).png
ScreenHunter 154 (resized).png
20230521_173522 (resized).jpg
#1 11 months ago

Hi, I need help IDing what a part is. On a 1954 Bally Surf Club at the bottom of the field the part in the picture on the right is the lifter start relay can anyone help me and tell me what is on the left of it.

20230521_173522 (resized).jpg20230521_173522 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2 11 months ago

It might be a relay for the "Hold/Double Hold" function. You can always check the wiring continuity and see where the wires go. But, i'm sure someone here knows about this Bingo...
john

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

It might be a relay for the "Hold/Double Hold" function. You can always check the wiring continuity and see where the wires go. But, i'm sure someone here knows about this Bingo...
john

Thank you, I'll try that and check it out.

#4 10 months ago

Another way to check is to look at the "color code" on the relay wires. Then check them against the "wire code" of the relays in the schematic. The wire code in the schematic is shown in the lower left hand section of the schematic diagram.
I see nothing in the manual about these "Hold/Double Hold" relays. I think only two Ballys have this feature!
There is a guy in Canada that did a Repair of his Surf Club. I sent a message to him, but I haven't heard from him yet about these relays.

ScreenHunter 154 (resized).pngScreenHunter 154 (resized).png
#5 10 months ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

Another way to check is to look at the "color code" on the relay wires. Then check them against the "wire code" of the relays in the schematic. The wire code in the schematic is shown in the lower left hand section of the schematic diagram.
I see nothing in the manual about these "Hold/Double Hold" relays. I think only two Ballys have this feature!
There is a guy in Canada that did a Repair of his Surf Club. I sent a message to him, but I haven't heard from him yet about these relays.
[quoted image]

Thank you for all the help, i just got the schematic for it before realizing I could get if off a website I found for bingo pinball repairs. I am really new to these and want to learn to fix them. I appreciate you getting back to me. I post what I find out.

#6 10 months ago

Right........... I assumed you had the Schematic and Manual..............
Website.......... https://bingo.cdyn.com/
Schematic..... https://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/surf_club/resources/schem-surf_club.png
Manual........ https://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/surf_club/resources/manual-surf_club.pdf
****** look at all the relays at the bottom of the Schematic. Take note of the relays that are used in
the "Hold/Double hold" feature and the wire colors for those relays...
Ex: 27-7, 15-4, and 98-9.

#7 10 months ago

What are the colors of the wires on that relay ?
The "Orange" wire (70) is the common for all those relays.
The other color identifies that particular relay.
If that color is "Black" (#80-2 , then it is the "Shuffle Relay" located at A-33/34.
***See Image****
ScreenHunter 159 (resized).pngScreenHunter 159 (resized).png
******** Added Info*******
There is a "Service bulletin " noted for Surf Club. I will attach it below. It does state that the "Shuffle relay" is located under the playfield. Evidently there were CHANGES made to this bingo for certain serial # Bingos.
see attachment below!
Link........ https://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/surf_club/

ScreenHunter 16 (resized).pngScreenHunter 16 (resized).png
#8 10 months ago

Correct, that one on the left is the Shuffle Relay (I think) and the one on the right should be the Lifter Start Relay.

The Odd and Even solenoids are the large mechanism that pulls the shuffle one way or the other as it moves back to drop only the odd or even balls.

#9 10 months ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Correct, that one on the left is the Shuffle Relay (I think) and the one on the right should be the Lifter Start Relay.
The Odd and Even solenoids are the large mechanism that pulls the shuffle one way or the other as it moves back to drop only the odd or even balls.

Sweet thanks, I am learning so much and cant wait to get this going. I appreciate all the help.

#10 10 months ago

Looking forward to a short video......... only a few ( 3 ) bingos like this.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-iding-part-on-1954-bally-surf-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.