• Latest reply 2 years ago by mbwalker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

atomic cap 2 (resized).jpg
B777FFED-2869-4805-BF8A-D73387255750 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jets_1479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hello,
I am trying to find out the name for these pop caps and where to buy them? I don’t see them on PBR or Marco. I am looking for the outer 4 (green and red) the middle blue one PBR has it’s called a squiggle.

B777FFED-2869-4805-BF8A-D73387255750 (resized).jpegB777FFED-2869-4805-BF8A-D73387255750 (resized).jpeg
#3 2 years ago

Thanks I was looking for the atomic symbol in the middle though.

Quoted from LTG:

Star burst. Search Ebay.
ebay.com link: itm
LTG : )

#8 2 years ago

Yes it’s the yellowing I am trying to get rid of. I just replaced the pop assemblies so they are pearly white and then I got these grungy caps on top of all that nice new. I looked at a video on retro gamers restoring yellow consoles. I was concerned with the paint as well. As a last resort I could just buy blanks and attempt the decals. Or I could just buy the ones that say “10pts when lit” ones PBR sells. All 4 of those pops are 10 pts when lit so it would work.

Quoted from mbwalker:

If you're just trying to replace yellowed ones, Retro gamers use Retro-Brite (or something generically the same) to restore white consoles that have yellowed, but I don't have any experience w/it myself. Nor do I know it's limitations. Just something for you to look into. Sounds like it's peroxide with a catalyst?
So the elephant in the room: How it affect decals or paint? Maybe reach out to Retro-Brite and run it by them?
https://retro-brite.com/
Maybe somebody here that has used it can chime in?
Here's a Youtube channel using peroxide:

#11 2 years ago

I have a few old ones I’ll give it a go!

Quoted from mbwalker:

One thing I did notice in some of the restore videos, is that they retro-brite (using that generically) keyboards that have all the number/letters on the keys and it doesn't seem to affect it.
Got any old pops you could maybe do a test run?
Your pops: Do think it's silk screened or a decal?
Not sure if you noticed in the video link I added, they actually use Clairol - maybe you can get that at Walmart, etc.?

#14 2 years ago

I wasn’t sold at first but I might just take this route! Thanks!

Quoted from paulace:

If it doesn't work and you want to go the water-slide decal route, you could do something like this:
[quoted image]
...just have to get it sized correctly. On a blank cap, it would look good!

#15 2 years ago

Lol! “No honey, why would take your clairol?”

Quoted from mbwalker:

Go swipe your wife's Clairol and have at it!
Report back if it worked!
Not sure if you watched the video, but sunlight (really UV light) seems to make a difference.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jets_1479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-identifying-these-pop-caps-?tu=Jets_1479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.