Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by nman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161124_213915 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161029_113737 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161029_114106 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161029_114058 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161029_114048 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161029_015640 (resized).jpg
    led4 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Anybody know these GI bulbs? Frosted dome. Says "comet ng" dark blue ring on housing. Color is a little more blueish than say... a cool blue LED. Maybe Cyan or "ice blue".Anybody have pictures of Ice blue or cyan bulbs?

Thanks

led4 (resized).jpgled4 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Based on your description and the pic, i would guess that they're non-ghosting Comet 1smd in Ice blue. The ones i have have the dark blue ring as well.

#3 7 years ago

Non ghosting in GI is a super big waste of $

#4 7 years ago

Thanks Nman. And I agree Markman but those colors are not available in the cheap ones I believe and all the GI goes dark in video mode.

#5 7 years ago

Yes, those are Comets Ice Blue leds.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from yellowghost:

Anybody know these GI bulbs? Frosted dome. Says "comet ng" dark blue ring on housing. Color is a little more blueish than say... a cool blue LED. Maybe Cyan or "ice blue".Anybody have pictures of Ice blue or cyan bulbs?

Do the actual bulbs look like these?

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/100-pack-1smdng.htm

There is a Cyan color choice available as an optional $0.10/bulb upgrade on this SKU. I don't see an Ice Blue color choice, but I know that Ice Blue is available as an optional upgrade on some of Comet's other SKUs.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Do the actual bulbs look like these?
    http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/100-pack-1smdng.htm
    There is a Cyan color choice available as an optional $0.10/bulb upgrade on this SKU. I don't see an Ice Blue color choice, but I know that Ice Blue is available as an optional upgrade on some of Comet's other SKUs.

Hmm...yeah, you're right. They don't seem to offer Ice blue in any NG bulbs for some reason...

The pic certainly looks more like ice blue though. Cyan looks much more green to me in person. Now I'm really curious though, so here's a pic of a NG cyan next to an ice blue. The ice blue is the one on the left. Does that help?

IMG_20161029_015640 (resized).jpgIMG_20161029_015640 (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

Which one are you trying to match?

The one on the right says NG, so that's one's non-ghosting. The one on the left doesn't.

The link I posted above is for non-ghosting bulbs, but if you don't need non-ghosting, you can probably find Ice Blue in the regular bulb SKUs.

#9 7 years ago

The color of the rings, between blue, Ice blue,
    and Cyan vary from batch to batch.
    Cyan will have a touch of green.
    Non sghosting Ice blue in a non ghosting
    was in the works, last I saw but not sure
    since they are for inserts and 10000 unit minimum sells so slow.
    If one needs Ice blue in non ghosting
    it exists in flex head.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Hmm...yeah, you're right. They don't seem to offer Ice blue in any NG bulbs for some reason...
    The pic certainly looks more like ice blue though. Cyan looks much more green to me in person. Now I'm really curious though, so here's a pic of a NG cyan next to an ice blue. The ice blue is the one on the left. Does that help?

Thanks nman .The one on the left looks similar to the one I seen. Personally It doesnt matter to me if I need the ghosting kind..as long as I can get that color. Its for a babewatch. I sent a reply back to comet to see if they can take a picture of a ice blue and cyan installed for comparison but thats been awhile since. I guess I need to order a bunch of each.

#11 7 years ago

Well, these are not very good pics, but i had a quick sec before i headed out the door this morning and the glass was already off my wh2o so i tried to snap a few pics with one installed in each sling.

Ice on left and cyan on right in the wh2o pics.
    The other way around in the bulb tester.

Generally, I'm not a big fan of colored bulbs in the GI, except in a few choice places, but if you are sure you like the look, then Ice blue is one of the least offensive, imo. Though others may disagree, i can imagine very few scenarios where a large number of cyan bulbs will ever look very good in a machine. Maybe a couple to accent a specific area at the most, but it just looks too sickly green to me to be used outside of anything but insert color-matching, imo. Oh, and like everyone has said, absolutely no need for NG bulbs for GI.
    //end unsolicited advice

Anyhow, hope the pics help until you can get some better ones.

IMG_20161029_114048 (resized).jpgIMG_20161029_114048 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161029_114058 (resized).jpgIMG_20161029_114058 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161029_114106 (resized).jpgIMG_20161029_114106 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161029_113737 (resized).jpgIMG_20161029_113737 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

Thanks Nman. thats what I have been looking for months. I think Cyan might actually look better in babewatch as there is alot of turquise-like color on the playfield and plastics.

#13 7 years ago

I'm not super-familiar with Baywatch, but if it looks good to you, go for it. Comet LEDs are pretty affordable so if you end up not liking it, it's pretty easy to tweak it until you do. I've got so many extra LEDs laying around myself because, years later, I'm still swapping random bulbs in and out on mine from time to time just to see if i like them better

#14 7 years ago

Take some photos after you get them in your Baywatch. I just picked up a Baywatch this week and am starting to order supply's to shop it out. I have been debating what I want to do with my lighting options. Def gona get a spotlight kit or two. Game is super dark in mid playfield. Super fun underrated game!

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

Take some photos after you get them in your Baywatch. I just picked up a Baywatch this week and am starting to order supply's to shop it out. I have been debating what I want to do with my lighting options. Def gona get a spotlight kit or two. Game is super dark in mid playfield. Super fun underrated game!

YA man!! It is fun. But only as long as you have strong right flipper. Mine has cointaker LED kit but yeah.. a spotlight is a awesome idea as well as a LED strip in the apron behind the flipper.

#16 7 years ago

Ya gotta have strong right flip for that gaurs tower!

3 weeks later
    #17 7 years ago

got the ice blues . not sure how I will reach most of them

20161124_213915 (resized).jpg20161124_213915 (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago

Looks good!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-identifying-these-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.