Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lead_Forming (resized).jpg
WP_20170714_19_12_20_Pro (resized).jpg
missing component (resized).jpg
IMG_20170713_211343362 (resized).jpg
Wico_Big_Top_circuit_board circled (resized).jpg
missing component (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DashingDaryl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I bought a WICO Big Top as a project. The machine mostly works, except the score board shows nothing.

Looking at my board and a picture on the internet, I see one of my components are missing. (see pictures)

I am no expert, but I think that is probably my first step in solving my problem.

Anyone with a BIG TOP that can get me the numbers? Or does anyone have a schematic?

missing component (resized).jpgmissing component (resized).jpg

Wico_Big_Top_circuit_board circled (resized).jpgWico_Big_Top_circuit_board circled (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

Thank you all! I really appreciate how quick and friendly you all are, especially to a newbie. What sucks is I just put in a big order with Mouser before I found the missing IC. I HATE to pay $2 for a part and $8 for shipping.

#8 6 years ago

#9 6 years ago

So when I was soldering in the NTE260 this Transistor (Circled in yellow) broke off from it's base.

I do not recall touching it.

Is this a fluke, or do transistors dry out with age and break off?

As you can see in the picture, it looks like the posts broke in two, as if someone had bent it back and forth.

missing component (resized).jpgmissing component (resized).jpg

WP_20170714_19_12_20_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170714_19_12_20_Pro (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

Wow G-P-E, I am such a newbie, I never knew such a thing existed, but can see the obvious benefit.
Thanks for the tip!

Thanks also for the cross reference. I was hoping my Fry's electronics had the NTE268, but they only stock NTE 267 and NTE 269. What is up with that????????

I ordered a couple on ebay and they should be in later this week.

I find the hardest part about pinball machines, is waiting for the components to come in.

1 week later
#12 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my Big Top. I got the components in this weekend and it fired up for the first time.

I appreciate all your help!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DashingDaryl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-identifying-a-component-on-a-wico-big-top-circuit-board?tu=DashingDaryl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.