• Latest reply 3 years ago by Tacos
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

connector (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello - this is a newbie's first post. I'm trying to source the right male molex connector for the GI connection (J9) to the power supply on a Williams Comet.

My original power supply was burned and hacked with the GI wiring soldered directly to a big mush pad of solder and jumper wires on the supply. When it finally died, I replaced it. The new power supply has a squeaky clean female connector to plug into, but I don't have the male. I assume the last owner cut it off to make the direct solder connection.

There are several 2-pin male molex connectors described as "Williams GI" out there that could be it, and I think I have now bought them all... except the correct one. I can't find a part number in the manual. I can't find it when searching my machine's name (and other system 9 games) on Marco. This power supply is used on multiple Williams MPU systems so I cant figure out why I'm having so much trouble. Does anyone know the part number or have a link to the right one? Thank you for any help!

Photo of the female connector attached.

connector (resized).jpgconnector (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

The mating connector is Molex # 19-09-1029 available here:

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=95

It uses female .093" crimp terminals:

Use Molex # 02-09-1104 terminals.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=89

#3 3 years ago

Perfect! Thank you so much!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Tacos:

Hello - this is a newbie's first post. I'm trying to source the right male molex connector for the GI connection (J9) to the power supply on a Williams #Comet.
My original power supply was burned and hacked with the GI wiring soldered directly to a big mush pad of solder and jumper wires on the supply. When it finally died, I replaced it. The new power supply has a squeaky clean female connector to plug into, but I don't have the male. I assume the last owner cut it off to make the direct solder connection.
There are several 2-pin male molex connectors described as "Williams GI" out there that could be it, and I think I have now bought them all... except the correct one. I can't find a part number in the manual. I can't find it when searching my machine's name (and other system 9 games) on Marco. This power supply is used on multiple Williams MPU systems so I cant figure out why I'm having so much trouble. Does anyone know the part number or have a link to the right one? Thank you for any help!
Photo of the female connector attached.
[quoted image]

The original GI connector is soldered to the board with no molex. So yours was original.

#5 3 years ago

This explains my trouble in finding it. Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-id-ing-a-molex-connector-on-a-comet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.