(Topic ID: 213298)

Need help for a family

By amkoepfer

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 6 years ago

A friend and coworker recently passed away in a car accident. He was 31 years old and leaves behind a wife and 2 young kids. He wasnt on pinside, but had a pinball and some arcade games that i helped him buy. The family is going to be facing financial difficulties in the future and his friends and coworkers set up a gofund me to try to help out where we can. If anyone wants to donate the link is below, if not, that is fine too. Thank you all, this is a very supportive group of people and even though he wasnt a pinsider, he still had the obsession a little bit. We want to make sure his kids are taken care of as well as possible

https://www.gofundme.com/kerseyfamily

#2 6 years ago

Done. I cannot imagine the heartache.

#3 6 years ago

Thank you. I cant imagine it either. Money doesnt solve anything, but it helps out right now im sure

#4 6 years ago

donated ... and a bump!!

#5 6 years ago

Donated-I feel for his wife and kids. Hope my small donation can help

#6 6 years ago

Thank you, im sure anything will help them. Makes me want to up my life insurance. You never know and i wouldnt want my family to struggle if i were gone

#7 6 years ago

Thanks to all who have donated. Its amazing the heart of this community, giving to someone they never met. I know the family appreciates it.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Thank you, im sure anything will help them. Makes me want to up my life insurance. You never know and i wouldnt want my family to struggle if i were gone

I normally stay away from commenting in these threads but I had to quote this. EVERYONE should do this! If you don't have good life insurance and you have a family you are being selfish IMHO. It's relatively cheap (especially compared to our hobby) and the last thing your loved ones needs if something happens is to deal with "how do I pay for this".

Sorry for your loss and I wish their family the best.

#9 6 years ago

I couldnt agree more. This is a wake up call for me, seeing firsthand how scared they can be to make ends meet and just how much it is to deal with besides just the loss. I have talked to my wife already about more life insurance, and ive always had a death envelope in my workshop that she knows about, with names of pinball people i trust to help her sell my collection, and what she should get for each one. Someone once told me that the worst thing would be if they died, that his wife sold his games for what he told her he paid for them. His coworkers (i am one of them) are like family. We work in an oil refinery, we are in a control room together and we work holidays, weekends, birthdays, etc together. We see them more than family and they become family. And we help family out any way we can. HAVE LIFE INSURANCE!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I couldnt agree more. This is a wake up call for me, seeing firsthand how scared they can be to make ends meet and just how much it is to deal with besides just the loss. I have talked to my wife already about more life insurance, and ive always had a death envelope in my workshop that she knows about, with names of pinball people i trust to help her sell my collection, and what she should get for each one. Someone once told me that the worst thing would be if they died, that his wife sold his games for what he told her he paid for them. His coworkers (i am one of them) are like family. We work in an oil refinery, we are in a control room together and we work holidays, weekends, birthdays, etc together. We see them more than family and they become family. And we help family out any way we can. HAVE LIFE INSURANCE!

It’s not something we want to think about but it’s reality. I will donate later today and leave the gofundme open as a reminder. I have 250k life insurance and it’s so cheap compared to other crap I spend on. I’ve thought about this family since you posted this a few days ago. And here am I today whining about a minor back muscle pull. Ugh.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-for-a-family and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.