Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Borygard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

We have been struggling trying to get our ST:TNG pinball in a playable condition. We have had our cpu board attempted to be fixed but the game only remains playable one night before switches start shorting out. We know the problem is in the board and we have also been blowing fuses. What do not know is if the board is just beyond repair or if our machine is causing the board to short. What we realy need is someone to come look at it and help us diagnose our machine before we spend 250$ on a board just to ruin it. If anyone knows of any one who provides services like this near me that would be awsome. The machine is in Fenton Mo, 63026.

#2 6 years ago

did someone sell you the game recently under the pretense that it was working? maybe approach them for some compensation if it wasn't as advertised.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from kirellterra:

We have had our cpu board attempted to be fixed

What exactly was done to the board?

Quoted from kirellterra:

the game only remains playable one night before switches start shorting out.

What switches are shorting out?

Quoted from kirellterra:

We know the problem is in the board...

How did you determine this?

Quoted from kirellterra:

we have also been blowing fuses.

What fuses are blowing?

#4 6 years ago

The board had a lot of work done but mainly had battery acid damage repaired.

The switches that started shortening were 37, 47, and 57

We determined the problem was in a board because after the switches shorted out the would not work so I manualy tested the switch matrix by unpluging the playfeild switches and manualy jumping each peg to fire the corresponding switch. Still the switches wouldn't fire so I know the board wasnt working properly.

We blew fuse f103 twice but it was not blown when the switches shorted and became inoperable.

#5 6 years ago

There are Pinsiders that do board repair. If you can post some high resolution images of the alkaline damaged areas of the board maybe Borygard or one of the other excellent board repair people can give you some helpful information.

#6 6 years ago

That's the thing, we paid to have the board fixed. It worked properly for a night before it stopped working again. We wouldd just buy a new board if this one just cant stay fixed but i dont want to risk damaging a new board if the source of the problem lays somewhere else.

#7 6 years ago

If you're asking if it's possible that a malfunction in another part of your machine damaged your newly repaired board the answer is yes. Rather unlikely, but if stray voltage is going where it doesn't belong it's possible. You could check voltages and see if they are within specifications.

More likely is the alkaline damaged board has more problems that were not fixed the first time. Who did the board repair? Photos of the board might help people here identify problem areas.

#8 6 years ago

Unless properly repaired, battery leakage will continue to damage whatever it had touched. I would not be surprised that your issues are from the battery leakage.

I'm in Fenton a lot, since I live in St Louis, and am glad to get your game to 100%. I'm on the road a lot though and my schedule is usually crazy tight, so it would be at least several weeks.

Contact me be email if you'd like me to help.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 15.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-fixing-sttng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.