• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161123_111137 (resized).jpg
20161123_111151 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

The spinner on my no fear tends to come to rest at a point that the ball can not hit it(second pic)

But looking at the mech, looks like the switch should push it back in place like the first pic.

Most spinners I have dealt with had an arm pulling it and it always went back where it should. Not sure how to make this one go back?

20161123_111151 (resized).jpg20161123_111151 (resized).jpg
20161123_111137 (resized).jpg20161123_111137 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by an arm pulling it back. And the switch does not push the spinner into place either.

The spinner should be designed so the majority of the weight is below the pivot point. So as long as it moves freely and nothing makes it bind it should never get stuck like that.

#4 7 years ago

Usually this is caused by the switch resistance being too great. It could also be a dirty spinner mech or bent spinner linkage. Start with the easy stuff. Try removing the switch part and see if you can still reproduce it.

#5 7 years ago

Spinner linkage is probably snapped inside the spinner itself. If so, you can fix it with music wire quite easily.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Spinner linkage is probably snapped inside the spinner itself. If so, you can fix it with music wire quite easily.

So something inside the spinner? Does it come apart or how does this fix work? And do you mean something like a guitar string, not sure what music wire is.
Thanks

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

This is actually unlikely to be the case.

#8 7 years ago

Try to lube the spinner wire where it rides on the metal supports. A very small amount of the teflon lube goes a long way.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is actually unlikely to be the case.

Its been the case with my own, 9 year owned No Fear on two occasions with original spinners. The original wire goes all the way through the spinner body itself. To tell if its snapped, all you have to do is look at the spinner dead on and see if the end of the wires are in line with each other. If not, its snapped or about to. Not so sure that's the case here, just what i have experienced.

ebay.com link: NEW K S Small Diameter Music Wire Asst 20 520

#10 7 years ago

The wire going through was a little off, i straightened it and seems to fall back into place a little better. Thanks for all the info

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-fixing-no-fear-spinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.