View topic image gallery

2014-09-16 18.50.52.jpg
IMAG0603.jpg
IMAG0605.jpg
IMAG0604.jpg
IMAG0606.jpg
pacman_gate.png
#1 9 years ago

I was recently playing someone else's Mr and Mrs pacman and I noticed theirs had a one-way wire gate on the right flipper lane. It allows the ball to come towards the flipper from the outlane but not the opposite direction. At some point during my machines history, someone must have taken this gate off. It looks like a pretty simple gate, yet I can't find anywhere to purchase it. I've made wire gates before using a jig, but I don't have much more than this picture to go on. Does anyone know if this can be purchased somewhere, or if someone has additional photos or ideas of parts that might help me recreate this I would be helpful.

pacman_gate.pngpacman_gate.png
#2 9 years ago

It is called the relay gate assembly and the P/N from the manual is ASE-2308-26. The coil is a GA34-4000 and it is Sol21 in the self test. I'll see if I can get measurements of the one I have.

viperrwk

#3 9 years ago

I've got a populated Mr and Mrs pacman pf in my attic. If it has that gate it's yours. I just have to climb up there and check.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

It is called the relay gate assembly and the P/N from the manual is ASE-2308-26. The coil is a GA34-4000 and it is Sol21 in the self test. I'll see if I can get measurements of the one I have.
viperrwk

The OP was referring to the wire gate on the right side of the playfield (he circled it in red), not the relay gate assembly that is on the left side of the playfield.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks guys. Dirk, I may be interested in the playfield depending on the condition. (If you're willing to part with it) Mine is in pretty rough shape, and I would like to have a better starting point for neo to restore one. Let me know!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

The OP was referring to the wire gate on the right side of the playfield (he circled it in red), not the relay gate assembly that is on the left side of the playfield.

My bad - couldn't see that circle on my tablet - thanks for the clarification.

You're looking for M-121-90 guide wire. Hope these help.

viperrwk

IMAG0604.jpgIMAG0604.jpg
IMAG0606.jpgIMAG0606.jpg
IMAG0605.jpgIMAG0605.jpg
IMAG0603.jpgIMAG0603.jpg

#7 9 years ago

Thanks!!

#8 9 years ago

I know this game gets pooed on, but I enjoyed restoring and repairing this one for my brother, and playing it too. It is an odd-ball game. Anything not cookie-cutter is always fun. They aren't too expensive, so not a bad addition to a larger collection or for a starter pin.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I know this game gets pooed on, but I enjoyed restoring and repairing this one for my brother, and playing it too. It is an odd-ball game. Anything not cookie-cutter is always fun. They aren't too expensive, so not a bad addition to a larger collection or for a starter pin.

And a big plus if you have Pac fans in the house!

viperrwk

#10 9 years ago

Who doesn't like Pac Man? When I take my 2 year old down to the man cave, the only game he is interested in on the mame machine is Pac Man or Pac Mania. I've let him play like 40 or so other simple games as well (Bubbles, Joust, etc.). Sometimes he'll ask for Q-Bert because he likes making him commit suicide over and over and thinks its funny.

As for the pins, he loves Pinbot. Maybe it is genetic. He used to like Funhouse, but now he is at the age where Rudy just scares him.

I think I'm going to just pretend Centaur doesn't exist when he's down there once it is fully working.
"Dada, what game is that?"
"Oh... that's umm.. Just, you know, Dada's satanic S&M biker sci-fi game with the evil speak and spell voice. It is sleeping right now."

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I think I'm going to just pretend Centaur doesn't exist when he's down there once it is fully working.
"Dada, what game is that?"
"Oh... that's umm.. Just, you know, Dada's satanic S&M biker sci-fi game with the evil speak and spell voice. It is sleeping right now."

I love it when my young son looks at my Xenon and asks, "Why does it say 'TILT' on her butt?"

#12 9 years ago

This it?2014-09-16 18.50.52.jpg2014-09-16 18.50.52.jpg

#13 9 years ago

Thedefog, you are cracking me up! I think my would be more freaked out by funhouse than the kids.

That's what this was is a starter pin for me. It's been a huge money and time suck, but I've learned a lot. People that come over seem to like it, but I think if there were other games around they would probably ignore this one.

Dirk, I think that's it! I did use the part numbers that viper gave me to order from PBR, but I have no idea what will actually show up here. What is the condition of the playfield you have? Paint is flaking off mine. I'd like to have a better starting point for neo to restore from. Thanks everyone!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Dirk, I think that's it! I did use the part numbers that viper gave me to order from PBR, but I have no idea what will actually show up here. What is the condition of the playfield you have? Paint is flaking off mine. I'd like to have a better starting point for neo to restore from. Thanks everyone!

It's complete garbage. I just use it to strip parts to repair my machines when I don't have a part on hand. It's not restorable.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

It's complete garbage. I just use it to strip parts to repair my machines when I don't have a part on hand. It's not restorable.

Darn, if you don't mind I'll wait and see what pinball resource sends me. I might be needing that part from you!

#16 9 years ago

That's what this was is a starter pin for me. It's been a huge money and time suck, but I've learned a lot.

That's how it works with the first one. You end up paying more than it's worth, you'll screw up along the way, and you'll end up with left over shit you won't use unless the disease progresses further. The first one is kinda like a first girlfriend. You get better at picking them out later on, but sometimes they come with hidden baggage no matter how good you are at looking them over.

1 week later
#17 9 years ago

Guys, I just wanted to let you know I received the correct part from PBR and got it installed. The game is much more fun to play now that the ball can't get shot to the right outlane from the left flipper. I'm thinking a greedy operator pulled that thing off long ago when this guy was on the route. Thanks for the help!

#18 9 years ago

Good luck with that skill shot. I have yet to make it, probably played it well over 100 times. I don't even think it is possible. They just put it in there to taunt you.

#19 9 years ago

Guys, I just wanted to let you know I received the correct part from PBR and got it installed. The game is much more fun to play now that the ball can't get shot to the right outlane from the left flipper. I'm thinking a greedy operator pulled that thing off long ago when this guy was on the route. Thanks for the help!

Just to let those that own the game know. I feel the game is way more challenging with this gate off. I would never install the gate after playing it without that gate for over a year now. That gate makes the game way too easy and becomes the only strategy to trap over and over and over. Boring!

Once you have it in place, you will see. Not having it there makes you a better player!

#20 9 years ago

I can definitely see that its more challenging, while I love pinball I'm by no means a pro, so I'll take the advantages I can get! I wanted to get this machine as complete and working as possible and this was one of the last missing pieces. My intention is to put it up for sale once I get a few other minor issues ironed out.

#21 9 years ago

I predict that you will regret selling it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-finding-part-for-mr-and-mrs-pacman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.