(Topic ID: 31778)

Need help finding a Tales from the Crypt door handle and topper.

By mandrick

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mandrick
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Red_Eyes_Crypt.png
Tales_From_The_Crypt_Topper.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hi pinsiders,

I am looking for some leads on where I may be able to track down the ever elusive door handle assembly and topper for a TFTC. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 11 years ago

I heard the handle was bought from Lowes..anyone know the brand and part number or if the handle is still in production???

#3 11 years ago

Anyone have any further info?

#4 11 years ago

Not sure about the handle. Just sold my tftc to game room guys in Michigan. Maybe they will sell you just the topper?

#5 11 years ago

I should probably clairify...I have the handle but I am missing the tongue and I think the switch on the inside...it has been replaced with a button....

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Not sure about the handle. Just sold my tftc to game room guys in Michigan. Maybe they will sell you just the topper?

I just saw this game posted by them for a pretty high price. Lucky for me my TFTC is on its way. How much you sell it to them for as I am curious and why did you get rid of this game.

#7 11 years ago

2200. I wasn't playing it much and got it cheap back in February. Wanted to fund a lotr, which is on its way.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

2200. I wasn't playing it much and got it cheap back in February. Wanted to fund a lotr, which is on its way.

Wow they have it posted for $3500 now. What a difference. I like LOTR too but wanted a game that brought back memories and is still fun to play.

#9 11 years ago

Yeah I saw. They will get that price. Every time I go in there they have different pins for sale...they are definitely moving them. Huge fan of tftc comics and grew up on the series. Never thought I would sell it. Really fun game but felt like lotr was more fun for me.

#10 11 years ago

topper is going to find i have seen them on ebay from time to time about 150 i just sold mine i modded it i do have mast left with red & blue eyes

Tales_From_The_Crypt_Topper.jpgTales_From_The_Crypt_Topper.jpg Red_Eyes_Crypt.pngRed_Eyes_Crypt.png

1 week later
#11 11 years ago

Let me know if anyone has a door handle and or tongue for this game. It appears my game which just arrived today does not have the original but the game works great. I am not sure if I can live with that and thought or was under the impression it had it when I bought it. I do have the Topper which is a plus even thou I want to see Lasseriffic’s one which I gave ideas on design. Maybe they will give me one. I will try to get pictures up for anyone to verify so I can sleep. I hope the head part as at least original. Can someone post a closer picture and let me know if the head is metal as well. I guess I am not sure if it is worth the trouble because if I find the parts I am worried it will not work based on the way it currently is set up. Thanks.

#12 11 years ago

OK, the TFTC door handle ball launch stuff is in two parts.

The Head: Plastic and available new for 29 bucks.
TALES FROM THE CRYPT (DE) Plastic Head
#545-5443-00
Data East TALES FROM THE CRYPT ball launch Plastic Head cover.
Weight: 0.2 lb
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5443-00

The Door Handle:
This is just a metal handle and thumb-button assembly that was sourced by DE from some type of home supply company, the exact same type of handle you'd buy at a hardware store and install on a real door.
AFAIK, I've never seen one available new from any pinball supplier, and I've never seen anyone positively identify the exact make and model of the original handle.

That being said if yours is missing completely, it MAY be possible to source a new handle from home depot, paint it that dull brass color and make it work "good enough".

RussMyers

#13 11 years ago

Thanks for the info....it turns out I am just missing the tongue (latch) and have the original handle....I am not sure if the assembly I have inside the cabinet is correct as far as setting up the latch to work as the switch.....

#14 11 years ago

Where did you find the handle. Please let me know.Keep me in the loop on latch.

#15 11 years ago

In my original post I had poorly described what was missing....I have had the handle since I got the machine....it is the topper and tongue/switch assembly I am missing...If I locate anything I will let you know....May check my Home Depot tomorrow...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
$ 64.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-finding-a-tales-from-the-crypt-door-handle-and-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.