6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 80spit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kobayashimaru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

The game I'm working on is actually a Stern Lectronamo, but I figured since it has a full Bally board set, this would be the forum to ask this question. If I was mistaken, I'm sorry.

I am trying to get the game up and running and am getting some confusing symptoms. Originally, the game had bad corrosion to both the MPU and lamp driver boards. The original MPU board was a lost cause, so I tossed it and bought a supposedly good, working one that had the battery damage that had been repaired, along with a used, but clean lamp board.

I transferred the ROMs over, verified all the jumpers were correct and started the game up to get the first flicker of the MPU LED and then nothing. I remembered that that usually indicated a ROM issue. Since I had replaced both ROM sockets, I went to pull one of the chips and in doing so, ended up flinging it across the basement and breaking off three of it's legs. After many expletives, I went to Marco's and ordered two new chips.

Yesterday I popped them in and now all I get is a locked on LED with no flashes and no flicker. I swapped out the 6800 and both PIAs, and tried manually resetting the CPU by shorting pins 39 and 40 to see if there is an issue with the reset circuit in the corrosion area to no avail.

What is the next thing I should be checking out here? It's been awhile since I worked on a solid state game and I'm kind of remembering now why I prefer EMs. Around the same time I picked this one up I got a Charlie's Angels SS for next to nothing and I thought I was going to go bonkers repinning those edge connectors! I ended up giving it to a friend who wanted to get into the life.

Thanks Guys!
Joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kobayashimaru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-diagnosing-17-mpu-problem?tu=kobayashimaru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.