Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have an opportunity to get one of these pins. I have never played BW but have read the reviews and for the price it seems to be a big bang for the buck. NF I have played and I always seemed to have a good tome but I have never had it in my home. It seems to me that you either love NF or you hate it. Which one do you think with the knowledge you have would be good for a small 4/5 pin collection. Thanks for all the input. Henry

#2 8 years ago

Baywatch has legs in a home environment, regardless of collection size.

I'm biased as I own and love my BW, in fact I think it is the best non-Bally/Williams from the 1990s.

NF I've played at friend's houses. While it seemed ok, not a whole lot really stood out or made me actively seek one to buy for myself. Friends sold theirs pretty quickly as well.

Take that as you will

#3 8 years ago

Sorry, no help here cuz I love both. But...for what it's worth.

Bw= Great modes, lotsa shots, lotsa tasks to complete. 4 flips including the shark flip that's pretty cool.couple of skill shots, and the theme really draws you in and the music grows on you like some sort of disease.you'll be humming along in no time. Very laid back game in my opinion, but so much to do I don't think you can ever complete it.

Nf= very fun game that is completely fast and furious from the start and dosnt let up. Some very flowing shots that just keep swooping around the playfield without let up. This is not a game to play if your tired from a long day at work cuz the ball travels at blazing speed and you gotta have your wits about you to keep up, one blink of the eye and you crash and burn. The third flipper shot is brutally fast, and if your smoking the herb you'll be left wondering what the f #!# was that as the ball goes by at a trillion mph.some cool modes, that are well defined, and an amazing light show. This game is loud and in your face with no let up, a little juvenile but still alot of fun. Call outs r pretty cool in my opinion along with the music, but I'm sure it's not for everyone.
Both games have some of the better video modes, with one having you jumping sharks and the other driving a motorcycle like the old excite a bike video game. I would highly recommend either, but they r like night and day when you compare them.

#4 8 years ago

Baywatch everyday and twice on the weekends!

#5 8 years ago

Hands down Baywatch.

#6 8 years ago

Never played Baywatch, but I really enjoy my NF, not sure if I can ever get rid of it. It's a favorite of many of my friends, too.

#7 8 years ago

Hard to decide one is a Steve Richie classic, a williams machine built like a tank, the other has Hasselhoff!

#8 8 years ago

I prefer no fear

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hard to decide one is a Steve Richie classic, a williams machine built like a tank, the other has Hasselhoff!

It is funny you say that since the vast majority of NF have all sorts of commonly broken parts and the majority of BW are still rock solid with the only common issue being a broken drop target or 2 and the plastic over the drops. BW is built like a beast and is a super solid game just jam packed with cool designs/ mechs/ code

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is funny you say that since the vast majority of NF have all sorts of commonly broken parts and the majority of BW are still rock solid with the only common issue being a broken drop target or 2 and the plastic over the drops. BW is built like a beast and is a super solid game just jam packed with cool designs/ mechs/ code

Well a game has to get played for the parts to get broken....also what all sorts of broken parts are you talking about on the NF? Only common parts to break is a 25 dollar catch ramp. I bought mine a few years back, it was in great condition and it's been trouble free ever since.

#11 8 years ago

You should also consider Dr. Dude and Rollergames if you're looking for a game that just exemplifies 1990.

#12 8 years ago

Man so no fear is so hit and miss. I've hadn't borrowed in my house before and it was in ok shape. The game was also just ok not that great. Then I got a pristine no fear in my house a year later and the game was so much fun. I think no fear is a game that has to be in great shape to be properly enjoyed. But when you get one that is great, the shot flow and fun factor are really high. If you enjoy games that have ton of fast flow then no fear is great.

Bay watch has a ton of interesting shots and golf flow. But the software is somewhat crappy. It basically implements all the game features and that's it. Once you shoot the game a few days or weeks you'll be done forever. There's nothing that'll keep you coming back like the potential of big scoring in no fear with payback or such.

#13 8 years ago

I have played NF many times and every time I come away with "man, that was great" so maybe I should just go with what I have tried and liked. I am just a little bit hesitant because once it is in my home I am afraid two weeks later I will be tired of it. That is the one reason why I am looking at BW because it may have more staying power but again I have never even played one, I am going by the reviews.

#14 8 years ago

Unless you are brand fanboi/snob (which it is fine to be). Baywatch is the better game.

#15 8 years ago

Disable the jump flipper on No Fear and then it might be a comparison. No Fear is a great game, but the whole jump thing and how valuable it is really narrows down the game to being incredibly boring and easy. I don't have much time on Baywatch, but I enjoyed what I played of it and I've heard plenty of good things about it.

#16 8 years ago

I agree with Baywatch... the one machine i regret selling. Lots of shots, modes and video modes.

#17 8 years ago

I liked and have owned them both. No Fear really gets your blood pumping. I agree that you have to have one that is dialed in and perfect for it to be fun. I've played some dumpster fire examples that weren't fun at all.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

...right....or....

one is a fan layout, the other is one of better layouts in pinball
one is A&F kids in expensive gear and the other one is chicks in bikinis
one is extreme sports and the other is chicks in bikinis

I dunno, chicks in bikinis win for me, especially when they are backed with a great original layout and good rules.

#19 8 years ago

No Fear all day for me...

#20 8 years ago

Depends on your taste and what you're looking for.
What style of games do you like ? Will this be your only game or do you already have some otheres, then which ones and what do you want to add - more similar or different gameplay ?

Game themes are different like Ika explains well.. if women in bikinis and shaking boobs can be a problem for someone else at your house then NF gets the advantage.

Purely based on gameplay I would chose NF. And I have a Baywatch in my collection
NF is a very fast game with lots of flow. Gets the adrenalin going, it's a rush when you have a good game on it.
But it's fast so when you're not playing well it's less fun.
Baywatch is more average. It's a good game, decent layout, lots of different shots. It's still fun to play when you're not playing well, but less of a rush when you're playing really good.

#21 8 years ago

Forget the BW NF it is!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 8 years ago

NF was one of my first pins back in the '90's. It is an awesome theme, Great Art, but gameplay got stale very fast!

#23 8 years ago

I have friends with both, and I'd go with Baywatch

1 week later
#24 8 years ago

Baywatch.

#25 8 years ago

I picked up a NF and I am loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone or the info. Henry

#26 8 years ago

Congratulations on your new machine! No Fear is the new table on Pinball Arcade as well.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from henhel:

I picked up a NF and I am loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone or the info. Henry

Thanks, skull-boy. I'm outta here!

*That will make sense once you "Meet Your Maker"

Enjoy the awesome game!

#28 8 years ago

congrats on the new game

#29 8 years ago

Baywatch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-deciding-baywatch-or-no-fear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.