Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on my next pin. Keep in mind the only pin I have right now is sttng. Im looking for something that will be fun for time to come. A little easier never hurts because sttng can be very frustrating for new players. Must be around the $2500 mark for the following games. If you have other options feel free to chime in but so far these seem like the best bang for your buck.

Main 2 right now

High speed 2: the getaway
    Fish tales

I have been also considering demolition man or terminator 2 but I have yet to find either of those locally in my price range. Thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic

#3 5 years ago

Jump all over a ft at 2500 man!

#4 5 years ago

LAH is a pretty fun one, relatively easy, and in your price range.

#5 5 years ago

Nba fastbreak is a cool pin, you can find one for $2500. Jurassic Park, Dirty Harry, Demolition Man and T2 are a few others I’ve owned that are fun and affordable

#6 5 years ago

I've seen 4 or so LAH in the area... just dont like the graphics/theme/colors or general look of the game.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Jump all over a ft at 2500 man!

I’ll sell my fish tales for $2500, but I’m down here in VA

#9 5 years ago

Hs2
    Ft
    Dm
    Jd
    Wcs
    Are all good choices for around 2500- 3000 depending on condition....

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Hs2
    Ft
    Dm
    Jd
    Wcs
    Are all good choices for around 2500- 3000 depending on condition....

Why not BSD?!

#11 5 years ago

Because it sells for $3500?

#12 5 years ago

Most WPC titles go for north of 3 K in this area.

#13 5 years ago

Might want to give this thread a look:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-bang-for-your-buck-dmd-machine

I always give a shameless plug for NASCAR. I wasn't remotely interested in this game until I played one a few years ago, mainly due to the theme. This game is packed with features and still around $2500. 10 modes, several multiballs, 4 side modes, a bash toy that moves into a scoop, and a killer risk/reward mode bonus that makes great use of the drop targets. It has you shooting all over the playfield and has 2 wizard modes. I really think it's one of the most overlooked games and a huge fun/depth to money ratio.

#14 5 years ago

Bc its difficult to find now in any condition for 3k and under. But at 2500 it wld be my top choice...

#15 5 years ago

I retract my earlier statement... I was thinking of lethal weapon 3. LAH seems like an interesting machine with a lot going on. Magnets, shaker motor, and 6 ball multiball? Anything to look out for with that machine? Still has ugly artwork but reviews and features seems like it is what I am looking for.

#16 5 years ago

Take a look at Stargate. Great game, very reliable, and inexpensive when compared to B/W games.

#17 5 years ago

If you can find a decent fish tales or bsd for 2500, those would be great choices, getaway is good fun too. Others to consider: baywatch, nascar and road show.

#18 5 years ago

Jackbot

#19 5 years ago

Not a big Stern fan..but WPT for a few bucks more is a great bang for your buck game

#20 5 years ago

Jackbot

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from orzech:

I retract my earlier statement... I was thinking of lethal weapon 3. LAH seems like an interesting machine with a lot going on. Magnets, shaker motor, and 6 ball multiball? Anything to look out for with that machine? Still has ugly artwork but reviews and features seems like it is what I am looking for.

LAH is a great game in my opinion, but I really liked the movie too. The crane functionality is important to look at. And the eye targets used to be tough to find (for me at least) but I don’t know how readily available they are now.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Might want to give this thread a look:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-bang-for-your-buck-dmd-machine
    I always give a shameless plug for NASCAR. I wasn't remotely interested in this game until I played one a few years ago, mainly due to the theme. This game is packed with features and still around $2500. 10 modes, several multiballs, 4 side modes, a bash toy that moves into a scoop, and a killer risk/reward mode bonus that makes great use of the drop targets. It has you shooting all over the playfield and has 2 wizard modes. I really think it's one of the most overlooked games and a huge fun/depth to money ratio.

I second this. I paid a little bit more than I initially wanted to at 3k last year, but I took a shot at it and the value of what's under the glass has far exceeded the price paid. If one could find one for $2500 I'd highly recommend taking a look at it.

I'm not a fan of the theme (retheming to Talladega Nights), the artwork is not great, and the sound leaves a lot to be desired, but the shots are satisfying enough that this will be a long term stay for my home collection. There are multiple ways to approach the pin that make the progression to wizard modes satisfying as well. Games can tend to last a long time, but I've found tightening up the tilt has caused my flipper skills to increase more than any other game I've played.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from orzech:

LAH seems like an interesting machine with a lot going on.

My buddy owns one, i consider it the "poor man's Twilight Zone". It's great fun--lots of toys, multiple wizard modes, 6-ball multiball, they really went all out for this game. If you can find one in your price range, i would strongly consider it. Alternative artwork translights are available, and a pinsider (caker137) made an upgrade ROM that adds some features and streamlines the rules a bit.

Good luck on the hunt!

#24 5 years ago

I have a super nice LAH, newly shopped, leds, super nice and shiny. About2700

#25 5 years ago

LAH should never be in the same sentence as TZ other than they were produced the same year.

#26 5 years ago

For 2500 I would go with either T2, Jack*Bot, or Diner...

#27 5 years ago

Agree with others. Grab that Fish Tales (FT) now and then worry about what you want as your next, next game. FT is still my guilty pleasure game. It's unique in a good way.

#28 5 years ago

Jurassic Park, Baywatch, Demo Man, T2 are great options at that price range. I havent seen a 2500 fish tales in over a year....i dont think they exist.

Also dont ignore System 11 - Mousin Around, BOP, Earthshaker, Diner, Whirlwind and others are great options.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Also dont ignore System 11

Indeed. Just a quick look above at Baywatch, Demo Man, T2, LAH, NBA, HS2, JM, JD, WCS....I'd rather take many a sys11 over that lot.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

LAH should never be in the same sentence as TZ other than they were produced the same year.

Well, at least my approach to those 2 games (and TAF for that matter) is basically the same so i tend to think of them as being similar. On TZ i am shooting to complete the door panels--shoot ramp to light piano/slot machine, shoot piano/slot to collect door panel and start mode, shoot ramp to light piano/slot machine, shoot piano/slot to start next mode, etc etc get LITZ. Same strategy with TAF. Scoop to start mode/ramp to light next mode/scoop/ramp/etc/tour the mansion. LAH has 14 modes that are stackable (to a degree) and must all be collected for the big wizard mode just like collecting door panels or mansion rooms. In LAH, shoot scoop to start mode, shoot ramp to light next mode, collect all modes, wizard mode. I would never choose LAH over TZ or TAF, but then again i will likely never own either of those titles bc they're out of my price range. LAH is a fair substitute imo given it's 1/2-1/3 of the cost of the aforementioned 2, but that's just my 2 cents. Someone looking for lots of action/toys/multiballs/modes could be satisfied owning one of these for $2500 i think. To each their own though!

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Mousin Around, BOP, Earthshaker, Diner, Whirlwind and others are great options.

Man, those are almost all good suggestions BUT... BOP is a total piece of crap.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

.... BOP is a total piece of crap.

Thank you

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Also dont ignore System 11 - Mousin Around, BOP, Earthshaker, Diner, Whirlwind and others are great options.

BOP is a WPC game with alphanumeric displays, just like Funhouse.

#35 5 years ago

earthshaker for the win, one of the best sound tracks ever!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-choosing-next-pin-around-2500-?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.