I recently purchased a Bally Air Aces game that was working but after playing I noticed had quite a few issues.
While I played, I tried to document as many of the issues as I could before making an attempt to try and fix any since I thought someone who could provide assistance might recognize that some of the issues were related and a single "fix" would solve several issues.
So, here is my original list of issues:
1. At initial game start Ball in Play advances to 2 if ball is in Collect Bonus Kick-out hole.
If ball is in plunger lane when game start button pushed Ball in Play remains at 1.
Potential short across Collect Bonus Kick-out hole?
2. Score advances 10 at beginning of each ball.
3. Pop Bumper (When not lit), Slingshots, others result in no score advance.
No 10 score or chime during game play.
No perceptible 100 score during game play.
Although score will indicate other than XXX500 or XXX000.
4. Pop Bumpers do not alternate lighting/scoring.
5. Lit Double Bonus Kick-out Hole does not reset after end of ball in play/collect bonus.
6. Lit Extra Ball Kick-out Hole does not reset after end of ball in play/collect bonus.
7. Lit Special Lane does not reset after end of ball in play/collect bonus.
8. Double Bonus Benefit does not reset after end of ball in play/collect bonus.
9. Same Player Shoots Again does not reset after end of ball in play/collect bonus.
5-through 9 occurs in both single player and multiple player modes
10. Right Pop Bumper sometimes gives Extra Ball without landing ball in Extra Ball Kick-out Hole.
Potential short across Pop bumper and Kick-out hole?
11. Right Lower “Hi Flyer” Slingshot sticks/continues/vibrates (Now scoring multiples of 10) after initial contact.
12. Player 4 score reels do not advance past 09990; rollover to 000000.
13. Some Bonus Lamp covers are loose and not flush with playing surface causing some redirection of ball path.
After playing the game for a few days, the game just stopped. The coin panel lights were lit, but the playfield lights and all other functions no longer were working. I opened the coin mechanism door and lifted the playfield and discovered the wring bundle to the coin door was crimped and the fuse looked burned out so I replaced the fuse and re-routed the wiring harness and all was well, except for the above.
Yesterday, I noticed the tabs behind the drop targets were in from of the rubbers instead of behind, so I decided to remove the glass and re-orient them behind the rubbers. At the same time I noticed that several of the lamps were either not lit at all or flickering dimly. I tightened several and on some others they seemed to need some adjustment to maintain a lighted condition. I wrapped rubber bands around the lamps to keep them centered in their individual holes and that seemed to help. I also noticed that the gaps between all of the tabs varied significantly. I adjusted several that seemed to be either very far apart or touching while also attempting to center within their respective holes in the playfield.
Issues 1-9 are magically solved and seem to be working correctly.
Unfortunately, I still need to deal with issues 10 - 13.
Can anyone please provide advice on how to investigate, adjust, or remedy the issues I am experiencing with this machine?
In addition, can someone please provide instructions on how to make adjustments to the game characteristics?
14. How do you adjust the score required for replay?
15. How do you adjust the number of games per quarter?
16. How do you adjust the number of balls per game?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.